1,492 results
All reviewsrooftop poolla passionel tapasthree blocksvenezuelan restaurantkaxapa factorymunicipal parkmade to order breakfasthot tubfree breakfastado bus stationbreakfast is servedgreat boutiquequinta avenidarooms are smalltwo blockslocation was perfect
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this hotel the beds was very comfortable and it is very clean and you can tell they take alot of pride in keeping.it up .and the staff treats you like famly i have meet some of the most amazing staff Rafael.yosimar.Hansel.Juan pablo.crisfubal.conrabo.Martin.Luciano.jony.Julian hopefully i did not miss anyone the hotel is within walking distance to many restraunts and 5th avenue where you can shop and it is within walking distance to the beach this hotel should be rated a 5 star hotel because of the location and amazing staff and the cleanliness of the hotel and amenities.I would definitely stay at this hotel again congratulations to the hotel and staff.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angelahowerton1
Reviewed 8 June 2018

This is an absolutely charming and delightful hotel. We could not have been happier with our choice. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, arranging for everything from transportation, directions and suggesting dining options. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

The room and the entire facility is clean and well kept. The roof top pool and bar were a welcome respite, even on the hottest of days. And the bartender makes great drinks!

Don't miss dinner at the restaurant next door. Excellent Spanish food! Actually found several nice restaurants in the area which impressed me more than the ones on Calle Quinta.

The hotel is centrally located, easy walking distance to the beach or Calle Quinta and we always felt safe when out walking, day or night.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bobby W
Reviewed 7 June 2018

After looking at reviews, I decided to stay at this hotel and i am glad we did! The hotel has a parking garage, rooms are large, very clean, a lot of vegetation and areas to relax. Free breakfast, which is very good. The roof has an pool and two hot tubs. A great place to relax. There is a bar there and the bartender, Julian, was awesome, helping us with anything we needed. The best part of staying here is the staff. Through out our stay, numerous employees were always very helpful in anything from tending to our needs to giving us direction on where to eat and places to see. I want to give a shout out the many staff workers there who helped us in one way or another. Thank you ; Yosi, Rafa, Michel, Juan Pablo, Cristobal, Julian, Hanssel, Conrad, Martin, Johny, Luciano, Tyler, and Hugo! Yes, all of there employees took care of us during our stay. I will stay at this Hotel anytime I visit Playa Del Carmen! Great Place..Thank You!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Warrior_joe
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We ended up extending out stay at the la pasion by 3 night because we liked it so much! The rooftop pool and lounge is the perfect place to kick back after a long day of exploring cenotes and ruins. The view of the square lends itself to interesting people watching and the pool is the perfect temperature! Almost room temp so you can just sit and lounge in the water with a cool margarita in hand without getting chilly. The bartenders up there were super nice and brought us our drinks and fresh towels.

It was cheap to stay there, only about $45-65 USD a night depending on the day.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Good water pressure in the showers too. They also serve wine and cookies in the evenings for free at the check in area.

The breakfast was delicious and they even offered us fresh croissants and chocolate breads on some mornings :D . The staff was very friendly and accommodating. ive never had staff just be so outgoing, friendly, and just helpful in general.

They even let us keep our car in the garage for a few hours after we checked out so we could walk around playa before leaving. i feel like most places kick you to the curb when you check out.

100% recommend and would go back. 10/10

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily W
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

La Pasion’s staff are friendly, patient, and understanding! I felt very at home when I arrived and Yosi showed me my room. He and the staff answered my questions thoroughly every time and were always happy to help.

The cleaning and facilities staff were polite and always greeted me with a smile. The stay was for 3 nights but I wished I could extend it!

There’s a la carte breakfast included with your stay, free water, coffee, tea offered 24/7, and afternoon pastries and cookies with wine samples sit by the lobby area when you return from your adventure.

Bath and beach towels were always available. They give each room a beach bag too.

The area is a 3-4 minute walk from the beach, shopping centers, and restaurants and 2 minutes from the local Walmart. The rooftop bar and pool overlook the Playa del Carmen town square and it makes for a lovely city scene on a sunny day.

It was a 7-8 minute walk from the ADO bus terminal (turistica), which is great to use to get your bearings of PdC.

The staff are happy to hold your keys when you leave the hotel, a service which many guests used. They are well trained and give amazing restaurant and bar recommendations.

Check out Kaxapa, the next door Venezuelan (mostly vegetarian) restaurant and try the soursop juice!

For a workout, Yogaloft is a block away and offers USD$13 single classes for non-locals (USD$1 to rent yoga mat, $2-3 to rent towels). Grab a juice next door after class!

Upon check out, I received a wooden heart pendant with the hotel business card as a little gift. I definitely will be back and cannot wait to return to PdC!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo