1,494 results
All reviewsrooftop poolla passionel tapasthree blocksvenezuelan restaurantkaxapa factorymunicipal parkmade to order breakfasthot tubfree breakfastado bus stationbreakfast is servedgreat boutiquequinta avenidarooms are smalltwo blockslocation was perfect
Reviewed 2 October 2016

I was a little skeptic at first about this small hotel, I did my research and I decided to book it anyway and I was not disappointed. I only stayed for one night but I wish it was longer, next time I will stay longer. My check in on Saturday 9/24 was fast the staff were very friendly, I had a room on the third floor overlooking a side street. The room was a nice size for an older boutique type hotel, the bed was very comfortable, internet in the room was very fast, the free breakfast offered was very good, and Wal-Mart is a five minute walk. The hotel is in a good location, right around the corner from Coco Bongo and down the street from the Casino. This was my first time staying at this type of hotel and I actually loved it, I usually book all-inclusive. On my return to this area I will definitely stay longer than one night, and being a travel agent I will recommend this gem of a hotel to clients. I can't wait for my next stay at the La Pasion Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank zbreezes
Pedro Antonio C, Director Comercial at La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear zbreezes:

Than you so much for your compliments, and we are very grateful that we accomplish all your spectations, please do not hesitate to stay once again with us!, we will be more than pleased to have you here and treat you like you deserve!

Best regards.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Very good value for your money.
Good location, a walking distance from the center, close to restaurants.
The best staff! They were all very nice and helpful.
Rooms are a bit small but very clean.
We highly recommend

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel and it's rooms were nice and well kept, the rooftop bar and pool were lovely and served good food. The Spanish restaurant downstairs was also good and definitely worth a visit even if not staying at the hotel.

The hotel is a great location for both bus station and beach.

Overall would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BodwellBrown
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We have been traveling to Playa Del Carmen for 10 years. In the past we have always rented a condo for our stays. Because of a shorter stay (5 nights) we decided to stay in a hotel. After reading countless reviews on the web, we decided on La Passion. And what a great choice it was.

STAFF: This is what truly made our visit a memorable experience. Everyone went above and beyond to make us feel at home. During our stay we happened to have more contact with Stephanie Rodolfo and Martin and they were absolutely fantastic. They made us feel like family. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and energetic to make our vacation a memorable experience. Did not pass by or meet anyone that didn't smile and welcome us in some way or another.

FOOD: The included breakfast was great. Juice, coffee, fruit plate, choice of pastry and then an entree off the menu was a great way to start out the day. Food was fresh and tasty. In the lobby they have a small area with water cooler/heater, instant coffee, teas and during most of the day different pastries to snack on. In the evenings they had wine available with cookies. How nice it was coming back in the evening and having a wine night cap and a snack all the while being welcomed by the wonderful staff.

HOTEL: Beautiful little hotel. 2 small pools and hot tub in the court yard surrounded and intertwined with lush plants and trees. A little hidden oasis. The roof top pool over looks the town square and also has several hot tubs. A small little bar manned by another great staff member. A few steps above the pool is another area with beds you can lay on under the stars. Rooms were clean and well appointed. The rooms are a tad on the smaller side, but was a non issue. Don't get me wrong they were not cramped or tiny. Just a little on the small side. AC worked great. And the rooms were cleaned and serviced daily.

LOCATION: Two and a half blocks from the main strip 5th avenue. 1 block from Walmart. Several blocks from Mega (Mexican box grocery store) and 1 block from the outbound bus station ADO. Being across from the municipal park was great. An evening stroll thru the park was enjoyable. Few vendors set up food carts at night. Area was quiet but close to the action. Safe area and never had a concern for safety. The front desk was NEVER unattended.

RECAP: We will certainly be back to La Passion. I left a piece of my heart at this cute little boutique hotel. Also, although we did see other guests come and go, saw a couple here and there in the pools and court yard, we really felt like we were in our own private mansion. To sum up our stay and to quote my good friend who we traveled with “we are Bill Gates. Bill Gates himself doesn't have what we are experiencing at La Passion. Instead of having servants at our beck and call, we have our family that is hear to take care of us”. Thats how we felt. Part of a family that wanted to be sure we were good in their beautiful well appointed home.

Thanks La Passion, and yes, I still give Kurt’s belly a rub for you. ;)

Room Tip: Pool side was beautiful
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trevor F
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Spent 9 days at La Pasion for our honeymoon . A really great boutique hotel in Playa Del Carmen with a lot of character and charm in a convenient location near the beach , shopping , and transportation. The highlight was our friends Rudolfo , Conrado, and Naoom who all made us feel at home with their hospitality and were very generous with their knowledge of the area, specifically our pal Rudolfo and his Cenote recommendations ! Hope to become a regular at the hotel in the coming years . To the staff a big thank you for helping us have a great and memorable time , and also KAMEHAMEHA!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple