All reviewscontinental breakfastgreat wifibus stationair constayed here for nightsla quintagreen juicesmall hotelceiling fanyogurtclean roomshot waterbring earplugsminute walk to the beachlocation is greatlight sleeperbooked this hotel
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

This hotel is a great deal. Staying here puts you 2 blocks from 5th Avenue, where everything is, and if you go one more block you will be at the beach. My room was very quiet, all of the facilities worked and were very nice. The breakfast was just enough for me and it is free. The Green Juice is very tasty, I came to look forward to it every morning. The WiFi is pretty good. No TV but I didn't need one as I went out to explore the city and surrounding areas everyday. I would highly recommend this hotel to any and every one. It was just what I needed, nothing super fancy but still very very nice and cozy.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2015

The staff is very friendly, and accommodating. The hotel is safe and clean and breakfast is served each morning. Showers are mostly on the colder side of things, but this is generally okay for very hot Playa. The hotel is walking distance to everything you would want to visit and close to very good local restaurants. If you're looking for a resort-like experience, this is obviously not your option. If you are looking for an affordable, quality mid-range hotel that is clean and has friendly staff, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Austen C
Reviewed 5 November 2015

This hotel chose not to honor an advertised sale price. After seeing the price on the web I emailed to confirm if parking was included. Less than 24 hours later I received a response but the price of the room had doubled (literally). After a handful of emails with the manager they refused to honor the advertised price.

Good customer service should start during the booking process.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Scott G
Andrea I, General Manager at Barrio Latino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Mr Scott, as you understood in our 11 email conversation, you have to accept that we didn't cancel any reservation, the truth is that you didn't book, but if you want to book, room is still available.
We honor every booking, and if we did mistakes in the past, we worked so much on that , that avoid overbooking is a main issue : and cancellation depends only on payments.
Let me share the insights of this review to other travellers and after that, they will be able to know the full story.
Yesterday we updated our reservation system and linked to a new software . During the process, we had to clean our listings where we appear in our sellers web pages. But this is not the main story, the thing is that during the process and 12 hours, our prices were listed cheaper than they should be. Fifty three room nights were sold at the cheapest price ever.
Five happy clients could get a great deal because they spent almost half the price (or less) , and they decided to book the rooms, then to pay the room, and in 5 minutes happyness for them and problem solved, there is no doubt we will honor the reservation no matter the price : we had no conversation before, after or during the process: but back to this review : you never started booking, you just had en eye at the listing.
About our approach to those kind of situations, I explained that you could get the same deal just arriving 4 days later, but it didn't fit. I also explained that if it would have been a campaign, I would have offered the same deal to you, but it was an unfortunate event. I also mentioned Profeco, a gov. office (multi lingual and on line) , where you could compare your point of view and our point of view to understand more about the way we acted.
Readers should know that you mentioned you would have published some negative reviews if I wouldn't sell the rooms at 250 USD instead of 471USD. This is where I answered ' you should do all you think it is appropriate, we are serene people managing a honest small business since 1997. Your offer sound like we should pay by a huge discount to avoid a bad review , but we cannot accept' .

The final tip : if you find a good deal, take it ! Wrong and incredible low price, rack rate, or package, you will be always welcome.
BUT... book in advance! And please , remember Mr Scott is visiting Playa del Carmen before January 18 , but you can get better rates in town after January 19 .

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed here for the majority of our honeymoon. We really liked this place and would definitely stay here again!

The hotel is only a block and a half from Playa Del Carmen's 5th Avenue (which is the main tourist street of the city for those who don't know).Then one more block away is the beach and ocean! Although you are super close to all the action you are far enough away that your room is still quiet and you can get your rest.

The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, there was a very good and much appreciated air conditioner, a fridge, a hammock outside of every room, a safe and a good sized bathroom. We actually had a rental car with us too and the hotel has 3 parking spots reserved for its guests. This was the only hotel in the area that i saw that had any reserved parking.

This place also had a free breakfast each morning that included a couple types of cereal, oatmeal, freshly made juice of a combination of fruits, milk, coffee, yogurt and pastries. With a nice brekfast eating area.

The front desk staff was always very helpful and nice. Which is always a plus.

This hotel is truly the best value for the money of any hotel I have ever stayed at. If you are going to Playa Del Carmen and are looking for a great place to stay without spending a ton of money pick this one! Its safe, its comfortable and its clean!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dustin M
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Fun,friendly hotel 2 min from the beach. Close to 5th avenue, ADO bus stop, shopping, restaurants and supermarket.
Friendly staff, hammock outside each room and book if you wish to read. Great price and pefect location.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends