All reviews swing bar boutique hotel small fridge each morning air conditioner beach chairs ave bartender margaritas mosquitoes walmart juan pesos cozumel
Reviewed 30 August 2011

"One of the greatest things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are" - Edith Wharton
That was painted on our wall in the room during our latest stay at Luna Blue. This was our third stay in 2 years and yet again, Luna Blue did not disappoint. Each time we had a different room and each room is as wonderful as the next. Clean, comfortable, quiet, all tucked away in a tropical garden.
I suppose I could go on and on about how the location is perfect, just a couple of blocks from the beach. I could give cheers to the coffee and muffins served fresh every morning. I could rant and rave about Tony and Cheri and the greatness of their staff. I could ramble on about the swing bar and how great it is to sit there and enjoy a cold Sol and forget all your worries. But I'm not going to do that...it'll make me sad....sad that I'm not there at this very moment.
Stay at the Luna Blue on your next trip to Playa.....you'll understand.
Thank you Tony and Cheri. See you soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RogerinDallas
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Luna Blue has the absolute perfect location in Playa del Carmen. A half block off 5th Avenue, everything is walking distance from the hotel. The rooms are spacious, and the service is five star. Tony and Cheri are extremely helpful and know the area like the backs of their hands. Their staff is also always ready to help with directions, suggestions, and even some translating!! Your stay with them also gets you access to some of the best beach clubs in Playa

Their new pool is near completion, and the bar always has something fun going on, live music, contests, and just all around fun!!

This was our second stay with them, and being hotel owners ourselves, (with a critical eye), we cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Playa except Luna Blue.

Room Tip: Extremely well kept, clean, and spacious!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank latitudesbelize
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The staff and owners at Luna Blue made our stay in Mexico amazing, they helped us out with anything we needed and were very friendly. The rooms were always cleaned daily and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. It was only a short walk to the beach and clubs and is just off 5th avenue so close to all the shopping and nightlife, we found this really good as no need for cabs or transport. Overall We couldn't have asked for a better experience in Playa Del Carmen, I would most definately stay there again and recommend it to family and friends or anyone wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma H
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Luna Blue is an above average budget hotel and a great place to spend a few days if you're interested in a relaxed beach vacation in the heart of Playa Del Carmen's downtown core. The rooms are small and simple, but more than adequate if you're planning on an inexpensive beach holiday. Furthermore, the accommodations were fairly clean and the staff were all very friendly. If you're looking for an inexpensive hotel in the center of Playa, you can't do much better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank sml604
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband and I got married in Playa at the end of June. We got a lot of suggestions as to where to stay, and eventually went with the Luna Blue after a strong recommendation and its affordability. This beautiful hotel far exceeded our expectations. Unlike some large establishments, you can really tell the owners invest a lot of their time into creating an exotic yet comfortable atmosphere. We sometimes had so much fun just hanging out in the lobby. We are really grateful for Tony and Cheri for making our trip so memorable. The staff was also really friendly and helpful. They always went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed. I wish we could've stayed longer. I highly recommend staying at the Luna Blue, especially to experience what Playa is all about! We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: June 2011