“great trip”
Review of Playa Maya

Playa Maya
Ranked #99 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We just returned from a 3 days stay at the Playa Maya hotel. The owners, do everything possible to see that you have a wonderful stay. The hotel it is quiet and peaceful. Great value, great people and we hope to return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank keith m
There are newer reviews for Playa Maya

Reviewed 13 September 2012

This was our second visit to this hotel. We returned because of the service, the location and the price. This hotel is right on the beach. There is no street access, but the staff is always present to help with the luggage and there is no street traffic with which to contend. Breakfast is included in the cost of the room. The outdoor setting provides a wonderful atmosphere to eat breakfast and sip your coffee. Lunch is not included in the cost of the room, but the food is delicious and it is very convenient to lounge on the beach, under your umbrella, and have the staff bring your lunch and drinks. The hotel is close to everything in Playa del Carmen. The staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. They helped with our booking several excursions (Tulum and Chichen Itza) with excellent results. Because we left for the excursions before the kitchen opened, they provided boxed meals for us to take. We like the deluxe balcony rooms, worth the extra expense!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I've been to Playa del Carmen a couple of times. Looked at the everything included places but they are not my thing (you miss meeting people and the better places to eat). First time I went to Playa we stayed on the edge of town. Second time I was there I chose the Playa Maya because of location. It is right on the beach and in the center of town but because it is not on any street it was quiet. That's right, no road frontage. You get to the hotel walking in front of the hotel next door. I tried a number of rooms during my stay. My brother and his family had one room the whole time. Breakfast on the water, mango margaritas in the afternoon and the best dive shop I found in Playa (Tank Ha) launches right next to beachfront of the hotel. Its been a couple of years since I've been there but the manager was the son-in-law of the owner. He was American. The wifi was sketchy at best when we there. I trust it is probably more robust these days. All in all. If you like finding your way around, this is a great place to base out of.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank travelinshoesnh
Reviewed 20 August 2012

very good hotel very well located. the staff is nice and the service is perfect. I recommend it to every family who would like to spend great days and nights in Playa del carmen! The view is beautiful and the access to the activities is eays from the hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank reese w
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed for 7 nights from May 14-21 in a deluxe balcony room on the second floor. The hotel staff was wonderful and the breakfast and lunch was delicious. Perfect location, unbeatable price, awesome hotel.

The only complaint, is that I found the bed to be a little on the firm side for my liking. I would prefer a softer bed.. I wonder if the beds are the same in all of the rooms?

We will stay here again when we visit Playa.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple