Playa Maya
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
USD 264*
USD 235*
  • Pool
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
USD 436*
USD 318*
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
USD 288*
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
USD 450*
USD 334*
Agoda.com
USD 689*
USD 669*
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
USD 279*
USD 242*
USD 865*
USD 368*
TripAdvisor
USD 389*
USD 344*
Melia.com
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
USD 201*
USD 190*
USD 781*
USD 600*
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoconut shrimptoes in the sanddeluxe balcony roomeconomy suitebeach chairssmall hotelbeachfront hotelcozumel ferryfree breakfastlove playatowel artocean viewwho cleaned our roomcoffee poteach morningtwo blocksmother nature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I've been to Playa del Carmen a couple of times. Looked at the everything included places but they are not my thing (you miss meeting people and the better places to eat). First time I went to Playa we stayed on the edge of town. Second time I was there I chose the Playa Maya because of location. It is right on the beach and in the center of town but because it is not on any street it was quiet. That's right, no road frontage. You get to the hotel walking in front of the hotel next door. I tried a number of rooms during my stay. My brother and his family had one room the whole time. Breakfast on the water, mango margaritas in the afternoon and the best dive shop I found in Playa (Tank Ha) launches right next to beachfront of the hotel. Its been a couple of years since I've been there but the manager was the son-in-law of the owner. He was American. The wifi was sketchy at best when we there. I trust it is probably more robust these days. All in all. If you like finding your way around, this is a great place to base out of.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank travelinshoesnh
Reviewed 20 August 2012

very good hotel very well located. the staff is nice and the service is perfect. I recommend it to every family who would like to spend great days and nights in Playa del carmen! The view is beautiful and the access to the activities is eays from the hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank reese w
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed for 7 nights from May 14-21 in a deluxe balcony room on the second floor. The hotel staff was wonderful and the breakfast and lunch was delicious. Perfect location, unbeatable price, awesome hotel.

The only complaint, is that I found the bed to be a little on the firm side for my liking. I would prefer a softer bed.. I wonder if the beds are the same in all of the rooms?

We will stay here again when we visit Playa.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Hotel staff was friendly. Rooms are very plain but super clean and ours came with a beautiful view. We never got hot water but didnt really matter to us since we were coming in from being so hot outside. The hotel restaurant has great food & a pretty good breakfast which is included in the stay. The location couldn't be better. We could walk out onto the beach and were also a short walk from 5th Avenue. Definitely a great place to stay during your trip to Playa!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank CChitwood
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from our first stay at the Playa Maya and I guarantee we will be back. On our three previous visits to the area we stayed at a nearby all-inclusive and while we enjoyed our stays there, this was a completely different experience in so many ways.

By staying at Playa Maya, we were forced to branch out in search of food and drink and we discovered so many great places to eat and just hang out with a drink or two. The Playa Maya, located directly on the beach, was also a popular spot where locals would stop for the day and it was enjoyable to watch their little ones at play in the sand and water.

The staff of the Playa Maya went way above and beyond to make our stay remarkable. Yuls, Marie and Pablo at the front desk were always cheerful and ready with helpful advice or just a hello, good morning, how was your day, etc. The guys on the beach were eager to help, beginning with breakfast, followed by drinks or munchies enjoyed under our umbrella on the beach. It doesn't get any better than this. The hotel was very clean, our room spacious and we didn't want for anything the entire week. Like I said, we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple