All reviewsmamitas beachbreakfast areaquiet hotelincluded breakfastsmall poolgreat showerevery morningbeach towelsfifth avenueking bedabrilcaribeavenidaarturoproximitymexicohousekeeper
Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening and got room #14.
This room is a nightmare. it was dark, no balcony or any usable space in front of the entrance door, dirty bathroom and no comfort at all.
After the first night we asked for a different room and got without problems room #15, which is in the groundfloor, with a nice small terrace in front of the entrance door.
The bed was super big (I guess Kingsize).
Bathroom was nice and clean - everything alright!
Breakfast is changing from day to day, but at our 3 nights stay always good.
The pool and the whole area is nice and you do not hear the nearby party strip (Avenue 5th), though some construction sides.
We found the location a very good compromise of being close to the Beach and close to dive centers ("Me dive center, just around the corner), shops and bars&restaurants.

So, do not accept room #14 and you will most likely have (as we did) have a good time.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver K
Reviewed 17 November 2015

I just had a wonderful massage at the Bric Spa, in the Bric Hotel in Playa del Carmen. First off, the Bric Spa is centrally located downtown, and a convenient spot to get a massage after spending time at the beach, or on 5th Ave. The whole experience was great from the super-friendly front-desk attendant to the cucumber water and healthy snack offered at the end of the massage. The place is cosy and beautiful, and everything is administered with great professionalism. The masseuse was a total pro, and gave me a wonderful massage, and all of the little details were great as well. Bric provides high-quality house-coats to wear after you change, eucalyptus scented rooms as you are massaged, and the staff were very thorough in determining exactly what kind of massage I wanted. Excellent service, and a highly recommended experience. Thank you Bric Spa!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 14 November 2015

Nice and small hotel, very close to the center, the 5th avenue in Playa. Breakfast near the pool was really nice in the morning with a different surprise every day.
I would come back.
I stayed there for 3 nights, the room was clean and the beach and the beach clubs are within short walking distance

Room Tip: Just across the street there are some constructions going on so try to avoid the rooms on that street as you will have some noisy mornings
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

What an amazing experience my wife, 6yr. old daughter, and I had! We were recommended this hotel by my step-father who has stayed here several times. The hotel is located 1 block off of the main strip (5th Ave) and a couple blocks from the beach; however, as busy as 5th Ave is in the afternoon and the evening, The Bric was just far enough away that it was quiet and private. The staff was beyond accommodating and made us feel at home.

We when go back, there is no other place to stay. The Bric was easily able to arrange transportation to Xcaret, Xelha, and the Airport. Having traveled extensively throughout Mexico (and stayed at many different types of hotels and resorts in country), The Bric treated us like family not tourists. The Bric is a true treasure and won our hearts. We will never stay anywhere else in Playa when we return.

A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to Abril (abril@bricrental.com) for everything she was able to do for my family and friends!!

Note: the first pic is right outside our room. The grounds, however modest, were immaculate. The second pic is me (on my back) at the pool.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jason W
Reviewed 15 October 2015 via mobile

Neat little boutique type hotel. Clean rooms, very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast in a wonderful cabana area. Right off 5th Ave. maybe 50/75 yards, close enough to enjoy area, far enough to eliminate noise and confusion.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family