“A Playa favorite”
Review of Oh Lala!

Oh Lala!
Reserve with OpenTable
Oh Lala! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,466 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The cuisine at Oh Lala! Is a refreshing change from that of other, more conventional restaurants. Guests are treated like good old friends in a relaxing atmosphere coupled with personalized service and good food. Opened in January, 2011, by co-owners George and Mikaela, Oh Lala! Offers personalized experiences for its guests, ranging from a laidback sampling of hors d'oeuvres and wines, to a leisurely look at the full menu. With a total of 9 tables divided between the indoor and outdoors seating, and an open kitchen, Chef George, Mikaela, and their staff, make sure that every visit to Oh Lala, International Cuisine by George, Is a unique and a delicious one.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was our second time to Oh Lala! Pretty sure it was even better this year. Stand outs were the garlic shrimp starter. Fantastic flavor. I really loved the fig salad. My husband's green curry was heavenly. I stole more than a few bites. The lemon crumble dessert was a refreshing way to end a rich indulgent meal. And when they bring the amuse bouche, just smile with pleasure and enjoy.
Service is always perfect there, but our waiter, Emanuel was first class. In fact, I will ask for him next year.
Make a reservation! You will not get in if you don't. And then you will be sad.

2  Thank Daria P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,196)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

At first I was skeptical of this restaurant because of the odd location. As soon as I looked at the menu I changed my mind. I had one of the best meals of my life. Not only was the food excellent, but the restaurant was incredibly clean and the staff was so kind. I highly recommend this restaurant!!

1  Thank H P
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We chose Oh La La based on TripAdvisor reviews and it did not disappoint. After eating all week on property ay Mayakoba Hotels , we were ready to try fine dining in town. ( we had enjoyed Axiote in town the night before but that was casual and delicious). We arrived and were seated outside under an awning which was great as it was uncharacteristically raining. Our table had an awesome view into the kitchen which we enjoyed all evening. We were greeted by several servers , they made us feel very welcome. We settled in for drinks , 2 beers (my husband wished for more local beer) I chose the Sangria de Cava which was the best Sangria I’ve ever had. Our friend tried a red she didn’t care for so they brought her another as well as a glass of Mexican wine which we all enjoyed. The Oh La La Salad was liked by all and I had the fig salad which was awesome. It was the most beautiful presentation and all the ingredients were perfect. ( prosciutto, figs, Gorgonzola, greens see picture below )

We then selected entrees. Several items were marked MP ( market priced) but we ordered them anyway and we weren’t disappointed as the whole bill for 4 people was $320 US with tip. I had 10 oz rock lobster tails, my friend had surf and turf, my husband had the ahi tuna and our fourth had a curry vegetable dish. We all loved our meals. We finished with two shared deserts, a lemon crumble and a caramel lava cake. They were both delicious. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We had extended conversations with at least 3 of the staff and they were all so gracious and welcoming. I did make these reservations a few weeks before our visit on Opentable. It is a very small place so plan ahead but do not miss this restaurant!

2  Thank Louise L
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We reserved a place for 4 and came right on time as we wanted to start as soon as possi le.
The hospitality is fantastic and they speak very good English as well.
We got a tasety starter on the house and we asked for 3 more.
They looked amazing so we took pictures and then we started eating .
All were amazing and tasted heavenly.
Then came the main course and all four of us leaked our fingers and were 100% satified.
Our compliments to the cheaf and team.
We erge you to go and dine there and now you owe me one.
Bonapetit.

2  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I'm still craving the wonderful tuna dinner with the Oh Lala salad I had last week at this special little restaurant. Eder was our server and he was wonderfully attentive and provided perfect service for a memorable evening. We were two couples looking for a decent dinner, but got so much more. The atmosphere is charming and provides a nice reprieve from the louder fine dining establishments on 5th Avenue. This was by far my favorite dinner venue during our one week stay.