“Best burrito I've ever had!!!!!”
Review of Burro Playero

Burro Playero
Ranked #471 of 1,517 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I've been so many times to Playa and always seen this place when going to Mamitas / Kool / BROchetas (another place you must eat at) and somehow I never tried to eat here. I'm not a huge burrito fan but I was craving one so we ate here. I hate myself for not going earlier! Tried the pastor and the fish one and both were amazing. We ordered poutine which was delicious as well, didn't know the burritos came with a side of fries too. I really can't explain how much I loved this place. Next time I'm in town it will be my first stop for sure!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I never had fries dripping of oil that badly as well as such a chewy beef with unchewable bits - for that to charge 120pesos.... Well not worth it all

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Boyfriend and I stopped here after passing by it in the morning and seeing a sign with deals on ceviche, tacos, and best of all, beer buckets! We decided to return for lunch.

It was a but loud upon getting there but we were the first customers of the day, and they turned the bumping music down for us so we could talk.

We ordered the octopus ceviche and black ceviche tostadas, both were delicious! I favored the octopus one. My boyfriend got fish tacos, and I got shrimp tacos. My shrimp ones were delicious- lightly battered fried cripsy shrimp, fresh cabbage and a tasty, mildly spicy sauce on the side. The fish tacos were very tasty and had a pretty large piece of fried fish in each. In the hot weather, two tostadas and 6 tacos were more than enough for the two of us, and it was VERY cheap!

Best of all- we ordered a bucket of 6 mini-Coronas for the equivalent of 6 Canadian dollars. We had had a few drinks at Zenzis earlier in the day, so the ice-cold Coronitas were a great way to keep the buzz going through lunch.

If you don't mind a short walk off the main strip, check out this lively little spot. The servers were attentive and friendly and the prices are unbeatable. It was one of my favourite spots that we tried on our trip!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2016

This restaurant really blew my mind with the ceviche they serve. Good size for 2-3 persons fresh fish, fresh flavors, and great price. There fries are great too!!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 12 February 2016

I have been coming here for years. Good little spot close to Mamita's beach. Good burrito at a good price.

Date of visit: February 2016