I wish management here had a better handle on their market. This is not a "spring break" 20 something resort. The very loud, repetitive techno music around the main pool all day every day (and yes we had a swim up suite) was unbearable. We moved as far away as possible from that to the unescapable loud mind-numbing MUZAK elevator music played everywhere else. If management took a wander around the pool area & saw how many people had earplugs, noise cancelling head phones & Ipods or MP3 players stuck in their ears they would probably realize their supplied inescapable "music" was not appreciated. At one point a young wedding party brought out their own BOOM BOX and cranked rap music full volume right by the swim up bar & restaurant - competing with the techno beat. Oh my!!!!! That was it, we moved and went to MUZAK territory and noted a few ground speakers had towels piled on them to muffle that mind numbing schlock. Really? I talked to so many people that thought the same thing. One couple in "Royal Service" complained about the MUZAK there and were offered for sale the 6cd set!!! I go away to get away from noise and love to hear the ocean & crashing waves, birds, sounds of fountains etc. I do not need head banging techno beat at the loudest volume to ruin my relaxing quiet time around the pool. Seriously management, get a grip!! Exit poll your guests & get a handle on how many are put off by the noise.
Other than that, I rated the rest all excellent - food, staff, cleanliness, rooms all top notch. Would not return unless I became deaf first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico