Being a travel agent I do see LOT's of resorts all over Mexico and the Caribbean so I can report accurate description and am unbiased.
I just came back from the adult section of the Paradisus outside the city of Playa del Carmen. I say outside because although you can walk to the town (LONG WALK on the beach) you are about a $12-15 cab ride each way.
This resort would be lovely for destination weddings or women wanting to get away for spa treatments or just relax. Although no golf course on property, the one in Playacar is only about 7 minutes away in a taxi. Get a group of couples together would be a fun couples get away with friends.
The rooms are very cool, VERY different and unique and I really liked them. The least expensive room here will still have a HUGE soaker tub for 2 (just not jetted) but are still Jr Suites. You pay more for views, locations or to get a jetted tub on your balcony. The pics you see here are the least expensive room and the view was of the pool area.
Pool area, is unlike most resorts down here, it is NOT near the beach like others, so no ocean breezes here, sort of nestled within the buildings. Nice pool though, swim up bar and lot's of chairs with umbrellas.
Beach, nice, some seaweed but they were doing their best to clean since a storm just came through and more to follow that week. Bring along water shoes since there are some rocks coastline.
LOVED the lobby decor, very chic. If you are looking for a Mexican Hacienda feel, you came to the wrong place.
Dinner: You do need reservations for dinner here, 7 restaurants which include the buffet but may not all be opened every night due to the occupancy. Passion Restaurant does cost $80.00 per person but it is an 8 Course meal with wine pairings. Food is amazing and you can even order off the menu for breakfast if buffet is not your thing.
Drinks: Grey Goose and Belvedere Vodka, must I say more? Top shelf liquor served here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Melia Hotels APAC, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico