My husband and I went to Paradisus La Perla-all inclusive-adults only- in Playa del Carmen back in Feb, 2012. Celebrating my 60th Birthday. It was wonderful! The room was perfect. We got a junior swim-up. The furnishings were gorgeous, not only in the room but throughout the entire resort. The food was delicious in all restaurants. But if you are looking for really delicious Mexican fare, I would not reccomend "MOLE". That was just OK. We could not complain about any other of the restaurants, Even "Mole" was good, but not what you would expect of a Mexican restaurant in Mexico! We arrived on Superbowl Sunday, and they had two huge screens set up with a nice bar-b-que outside, and my husband really did enjoy the game.
I used the Spa services, and I have to recommend it to all. Carmen who did my mani and pedicure is a wonderful person. She is very professional, and very personable, Joanna did my facial and Norma took care of my message, They also did a fantastic job and both left me feeling like I just went to heaven!! Rubiciel, who works at the front desk of the Spa, does his best to accomodate and is also very personable. We could not ask for a more accomodating and exceptional concierge as Quincey. He was always there for us, answering any and all of our questions and taking care of our requests. I had 3 birthday cakes on my special day, and each one was a total surprise!! W also want to compliment the wait staff in all the restaurants, especially one gentleman in particular. Evelio who was our waiter for breakfast almost everyday in "HADAR". He was so nice, always making sure we had what we wanted. Very cheerful and always smiling. Thank you Evelio for your wonderful service! The only negative for us was the pool temperature. The pool is not heated, or the swim up water , and it was a bit chilly. But I believe that because the resort is new and after a full summer season, the water will warm up. The beach was small, but it was fine for us. There were some rocks in the water, so I advise everyone to wear water shoes. The other item that the Resort needs to work on is entertainment. We went there not expecting much in the area of entertainment. It is more of a spa atmosphere. But they did have some night life. But it was not advertised very well, so people did not know about it. And one night, there was supposed to be a show, and we were all waiting for over 1 hour,and it did not happen. I mentioned all this to Quincey, and hopefully he is bringing this up to his managers. That was our only complaint. We had a wonderful vacation and I had a wonderful and peaceful birthday celebration. Thank you Paradisus La Perla!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia Hotels APAC, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico