Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
USD 439*
USD 605*
USD 589*
  • Breakfast included
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
USD 237*
USD 194*
USD 833*
USD 519*
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
USD 277*
USD 229*
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
USD 423*
USD 294*
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 826*
USD 702*
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 620*
USD 440*
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
USD 1,434*
USD 940*
Bookit.com
9,974 results
All reviewsroyal servicemolethe grillsouth bargabi clubla palapa restaurantyhi spadinner reservationsalfredobutler serviceguest servicesswim up suitebali bedsour honeymoonpool partypersonal butlerall inclusive resort
Reviewed 11 April 2012

What a great vacation in Playa Del Carmen. They have the most amazing staff I have ever meant in a hotel or resort. When we arrived we were greeted by Felipe who was warm and greeted us by name he assisted us with our baggage and delivered them to our room as we went off to have lunch. Then we had the chance encounter with Julia who is in charge of hospitality and guest services what an amazing person. Julia was warm and inviting and was there to tend to everything we needed along with Lucia, DeVani and Eric. The property was very clean and neat. Everything had a place and it was always where it was to be. Julia and her amazing staff, Lucia, DeVani took time everyday to make sure things were going well for us. We forgot to make our reservations and that was not a problem. They got on the phone and made the reservations for us at all the of the places we wanted to go the for rest of the week and then sent us the schedule so we would know where we were going and what time. I have never encountered such amazing people in all of my travel and I do travel a lot being that I am a travel agent. I did not tell them what line of work I was in intentionally. The service was wonderful from the ladies who cleaned the rooms, all the way to being by the pool in a Cabana.
They have a wonderful restaurant called "The Grill" If you go there you must get Carlos, Benito and Jesus to wait on you. They were wonderful always smiling and gracious. Always checking and double checking to see if everything was ok with your meal. These three gentlemen should be in management they certainly have the temperament for it. I cannot say enough about the service that these gentlemen gave everyday at breakfast, lunch and dinner. They work very hard but they were always able to deliver a smile and care enough to see how your day was going and find out if there was anything they could do to make it better. My hats off to them all.
We also were lucky enough to encounter Fanny in the bar. She was funny, and engaging. She made sure she noticed when our glasses were empty she would be there to see if she could get us another drink. Even late into the evening she was still full of smiles. As we made our exit on April 9th we meant up with Marco he handled our baggage he was also just wonderful. We talked with him until our transportation arrived. Now I realized that I have said much about how great this place is. This is a new property so I do want you to know as with all new things they still do have a few things to work out. But the overall experience at this place is still worthy of 5 Diamond. When you arrive you search out Julia, Lucia, DeVani, Eric in Guest Services, Carlos, Benito, Jesus in The Grill, Fanny in the Bar, and Felipe and Marco at the door. They will take great care of you I promise. I know you will have a great vacation at the Paradisus. If you have a family or you are looking for peace and quite this place will be perfect for you

F& K Love

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We are a couple in their 30's, no children, looking for great service, great food and a modern expericence, which we found at the Paradisus.

Rooms: The rooms are modern, spacious and Zen-like, rare in these type of resorts. Huge double shower and double bath, very elegant. Patio with jacuzzi and lounge area. Mini-bar well stocked.

Food: wide choice of a la carte restaurants and menus are diversified and sophisticated.

We opted for the Royal Service, which is worth it for the unbeaten service from the butler service and the attention provided at the pool. Need to thank Arturo, Emmanuel, Manuel, Filiroberto and Angelica for their great attention. We have travelled to approx. 10 all-inclusive resorts in this one is by far the best. Note: we are not beach bums, if you are, you will be disapointed by the beach which is small and the water is quite choppy and holds rocks. However, it is the only criticism I hold and if not for that, i only hold great comment about our experience and would definitely go back, which I have never experienced.

W

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I spent five days at Paradisus in April. Incredible resort, highly, highly recommend. The service is great, the staff is friendly, the food was delicious, and the resort itself is beautiful. We loved the design. Very modern and minimalistic, which is exactly our style. Our suite was large and very comfortable. We had some of the best sleeps we've had in years! It's a US $10 cab ride to fifth avenue in Playa Del Carmen. All around I would say it was just an amazing experience, and more value than I expected, just based on the level of the food and the entertainment. We'll be going again for sure!!! First rate all the way!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Conor K
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Paradisus La Perla Royal Service. The Royal Service was worth every penny. The private pool was heated and the staff was outstanding. Alberto at the Royal service pool was amazing, never have I met anyone that worked so hard and took such pleasure in making his guested happy. Emanuel fixed our bali bed the second we left it....folded the clothes, laid out the paper...amazing. Jesus and Jose at the pool bar were wonderful. Great drinks with wonderful alcohol. Our butler Angelica was fabulous! She checked on us several times a day and took care of everything. Just a phone call away. The baths and candles and flowers.....just perfect. The food was wonderful. By far the best at any all inclusive we have stayed. We ate at all the restaurants but Fuego was our fav. Nick was our server the first night and we went back to eat with him on our last. The duck was perfect and the fish and pork delicious as well. Danny at the martini bar made the best cucumber martinis on the planet. Hugo at Passions was nothing but professional. Great wine pairing and the food top notch. The Gabi bar was so enjoyable. The manager brought out appetizers and special drinks to us every time we went. Tipping goes a long way. We tipped about 30 dollars a day between room, pool, bar, food. The only down side was the beach. They are working on it however. Everyday there was people out there cleaning the beach of rocks, weeds and such. It will get there. Protected by a cover however, so no fun waves to play in but beautiful never the less. We loved every second of it!!! The resort is stunning, clean and comfortable. Never did we feel unsafe. 6th trip to Mexico and we will continue to travel to that great country because of the generous people and unbelievable beauty. Enjoy and Cheers from Wisconsin.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CRNA2011
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Overall this is a nice hotel. The food are pretty good and you can walk to town on the beach (about 1.5-2 miles one way) but it seems like it needs to be better managed and the staff needs more experience.

I ate dinner at three of the restaurants, all of them had excellent service and food presentation. The food came quick and my drinks stayed full. Make sure you make reservations and confirm them. It would be a shame to miss out. My only complaint about the dinner restaurants was that they would make substitutions that should be pointed out before they take your order. Sliced caned block olives were substituted for Kalamata and pork loin for tenderloin. The breakfast and lunch options are limited. The two buffets are the same and while they are no where near Vegas quality, you will find something to satisfy. Stay away from the pizza, unless you want to see quite literally the worst pizza in the world-no lie- no exaggeration (If you do order pizza you can fill up on the salad bar, which is awesome, so you won't be hungry when you leave the pizza uneaten - hidden beneath a napkin).

You can have a drink in your hand quick but I would not call them awesome. Some of the drink mixes used artificial sweeteners, which really ruins a drink for me. The liquor is of low quality, but if you specify you can get mid grade liquor (like Absolute or Tanqueray) and if you want a Jack and Coke they have you covered.

The place is huge and in desperate need of better signage. It has this Spanish/Japanese/contemporary style, good architecture but I think someone hired their girlfriend or mother in law to do the decorating. There are containers with bamboo rods everywhere, I had a hard time not messing with them and doing a Kung-fu tribute or pole vaulting the Koi pond (that's Koi in the singular because I think there was only one lonely fish in the pond- but there was a turtle). The garden will be pretty cool in a few years with hibiscus planted like hedge row around the winding pools, but its only half planted, and some didn't survive the planting. The beach is disgusting, you can't swim there, it's covered in garbage and rotting kelp, it smells pretty bad too. If you walk south about 1/2 - 1 mile the beach is great, so grab a couple drinks at the beach bar and go for a morning walk, the smell is better in the morning.

On our way in the taxi driver took us from Playa where we had stayed a few days to a seedy location, I started getting nervous. Then he turned into an area that I can only describe as "Beirut". I thought he was going to rob us and leave us - or worse. Then he pulled up to a giant prison, which turned out to be the hotel. I say this not to knock the place (it's still under construction, give em a break) but to let you know that your not on the death cab ride.

The rooms are great but the walls are thin. Some rooms are way better than others (i.e. balcony tub beats the fake aquarium lighted poster). If you want to use the bath- which is awesome, plan ahead, the water runs very slow, Fill it with the hottest water possible because it will take 30 minutes to fill enough to take a bath. I used the garbage cans and filled it from the sinks, ghetto but worth it. The light switches are a little weird, one switch will cut all the lights...awesome when you go to bed... not awesome when you get up to use the bathroom. Make sure they restock the minibar its free but they need to be told to stock it. An make sure to leave the door to cabinet the fridge is in open. They forgot to vent them so they don't cool very well.

When you check in make sure to get your bracelet, they forgot to give us ours and we were told to leave. The worker called the manager and rather than them fixing the problem we had to find out way to the front desk, which the workers could give directions to (this place is huge). When we got there we talked to a manager who instructed an employee to give us our bracelets, but she misunderstood and put them on the confused people behind us. eventually we got them and were allowed back in. Very poor management. They made a mistake, they should have fixed it. I should have been sitting at the bar, with a drink while they brought me they bracelet they forgot.

Like i said in the title, the place is nice, as everyone agrees, but they are not ready to be open. They messed up our bracelets, lost our diner reservation, didn't stock our mini bar, their garden is half planted, beach unkempt and the front of the hotel looks like Beirut. The food is good, the drinks are quick and the people are pleasant. It is a great place to be fat, drunk and lazy- which is the most important part of a vacation.

Room Tip: Each room has a gimmick don't get the fake aquarium (its a piece of lighted plexiglas with a cheap poster stuck to it). The family side has a better garden and pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple