“Overall a nice stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cali
“Overall a nice stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Obviously all reviews are subjective based on what you look for in your vacations. For us we were touring the hotel for our upcoming wedding. We were only there 3 nights but had enough time to try about 6 of the restaurants plus room service. I was very nervous reading some of the reviews about the location of the resort. It's true that you are driving through an area that is not very desirable and the front road still needed work (we went early February). I have been to Mexico several times so the area didn't bother me so much. However I'd be concerned for my wedding guests that haven't traveled much. We were upgraded to the Royal Service which was nice. We had a butler that showed us to a restaurant the first night and then I never saw or heard from him. We were so busy that I didn't necessarily care and if I needed anything, I'd just call to whomever was at the royal service front desk and they'll take care of us. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have champagne and fruit in our room on arrival and a bath drawn for us (all part of the Love at First site package). Considering we were there to look at the hotel for our future wedding, you'd think they'd want to pull out all the stops. We had dinner with a family staying on the Esmeralda side and they told us that they had baths drawn, treats and balloons waiting in the room for them for their kids. I guess it's hit or miss.
Most of the food we had was really good..Bana, Palapa, The Sunset Grill, apps at Gaby Club. The only thing I wasn't big on was room service and the pool menu was ok. The drinks were premium..grey goose, ketel one, etc. We had Absolute and a few other bottles in our room. If you don't ask them, they won't restock those. The vibe of the hotel was cool..kinda like Miami with a nice interior design. I didn't like the look of the outside of the hotel at all. It was concrete and plain looking. Not very tropical or anything. Not enough flowers and greenery. The beach area is really small. Even though I would not likely go in the water to swim, it's still nice to lay beach side and enjoy the sights. Honestly we didn't have enough time to go to the beach since the hotels promotion was only for 3 nights and our flight came in really late the first day. For the most part, the staff was all very nice and accommodating. I'd definitely recommend it and go back for a longer stay but I doubt this is where we will get married.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seluj07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,843)
  • Hebrew first
Grayson, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2012

What a great vacation in Playa Del Carmen. They have the most amazing staff I have ever meant in a hotel or resort. When we arrived we were greeted by Felipe who was warm and greeted us by name he assisted us with our baggage and delivered them to our room as we went off to have lunch. Then we had the chance encounter with Julia who is in charge of hospitality and guest services what an amazing person. Julia was warm and inviting and was there to tend to everything we needed along with Lucia, DeVani and Eric. The property was very clean and neat. Everything had a place and it was always where it was to be. Julia and her amazing staff, Lucia, DeVani took time everyday to make sure things were going well for us. We forgot to make our reservations and that was not a problem. They got on the phone and made the reservations for us at all the of the places we wanted to go the for rest of the week and then sent us the schedule so we would know where we were going and what time. I have never encountered such amazing people in all of my travel and I do travel a lot being that I am a travel agent. I did not tell them what line of work I was in intentionally. The service was wonderful from the ladies who cleaned the rooms, all the way to being by the pool in a Cabana.
They have a wonderful restaurant called "The Grill" If you go there you must get Carlos, Benito and Jesus to wait on you. They were wonderful always smiling and gracious. Always checking and double checking to see if everything was ok with your meal. These three gentlemen should be in management they certainly have the temperament for it. I cannot say enough about the service that these gentlemen gave everyday at breakfast, lunch and dinner. They work very hard but they were always able to deliver a smile and care enough to see how your day was going and find out if there was anything they could do to make it better. My hats off to them all.
We also were lucky enough to encounter Fanny in the bar. She was funny, and engaging. She made sure she noticed when our glasses were empty she would be there to see if she could get us another drink. Even late into the evening she was still full of smiles. As we made our exit on April 9th we meant up with Marco he handled our baggage he was also just wonderful. We talked with him until our transportation arrived. Now I realized that I have said much about how great this place is. This is a new property so I do want you to know as with all new things they still do have a few things to work out. But the overall experience at this place is still worthy of 5 Diamond. When you arrive you search out Julia, Lucia, DeVani, Eric in Guest Services, Carlos, Benito, Jesus in The Grill, Fanny in the Bar, and Felipe and Marco at the door. They will take great care of you I promise. I know you will have a great vacation at the Paradisus. If you have a family or you are looking for peace and quite this place will be perfect for you

F& K Love

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

We are a couple in their 30's, no children, looking for great service, great food and a modern expericence, which we found at the Paradisus.

Rooms: The rooms are modern, spacious and Zen-like, rare in these type of resorts. Huge double shower and double bath, very elegant. Patio with jacuzzi and lounge area. Mini-bar well stocked.

Food: wide choice of a la carte restaurants and menus are diversified and sophisticated.

We opted for the Royal Service, which is worth it for the unbeaten service from the butler service and the attention provided at the pool. Need to thank Arturo, Emmanuel, Manuel, Filiroberto and Angelica for their great attention. We have travelled to approx. 10 all-inclusive resorts in this one is by far the best. Note: we are not beach bums, if you are, you will be disapointed by the beach which is small and the water is quite choppy and holds rocks. However, it is the only criticism I hold and if not for that, i only hold great comment about our experience and would definitely go back, which I have never experienced.

W

Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Joe P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I spent five days at Paradisus in April. Incredible resort, highly, highly recommend. The service is great, the staff is friendly, the food was delicious, and the resort itself is beautiful. We loved the design. Very modern and minimalistic, which is exactly our style. Our suite was large and very comfortable. We had some of the best sleeps we've had in years! It's a US $10 cab ride to fifth avenue in Playa Del Carmen. All around I would say it was just an amazing experience, and more value than I expected, just based on the level of the food and the entertainment. We'll be going again for sure!!! First rate all the way!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Conor K
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Paradisus La Perla Royal Service. The Royal Service was worth every penny. The private pool was heated and the staff was outstanding. Alberto at the Royal service pool was amazing, never have I met anyone that worked so hard and took such pleasure in making his guested happy. Emanuel fixed our bali bed the second we left it....folded the clothes, laid out the paper...amazing. Jesus and Jose at the pool bar were wonderful. Great drinks with wonderful alcohol. Our butler Angelica was fabulous! She checked on us several times a day and took care of everything. Just a phone call away. The baths and candles and flowers.....just perfect. The food was wonderful. By far the best at any all inclusive we have stayed. We ate at all the restaurants but Fuego was our fav. Nick was our server the first night and we went back to eat with him on our last. The duck was perfect and the fish and pork delicious as well. Danny at the martini bar made the best cucumber martinis on the planet. Hugo at Passions was nothing but professional. Great wine pairing and the food top notch. The Gabi bar was so enjoyable. The manager brought out appetizers and special drinks to us every time we went. Tipping goes a long way. We tipped about 30 dollars a day between room, pool, bar, food. The only down side was the beach. They are working on it however. Everyday there was people out there cleaning the beach of rocks, weeds and such. It will get there. Protected by a cover however, so no fun waves to play in but beautiful never the less. We loved every second of it!!! The resort is stunning, clean and comfortable. Never did we feel unsafe. 6th trip to Mexico and we will continue to travel to that great country because of the generous people and unbelievable beauty. Enjoy and Cheers from Wisconsin.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CRNA2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
0.1 km away
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#33 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
#32 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,966 reviews
6.5 km away
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#49 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#4 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,197 reviews

Been to Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla? Share your experiences!