Obviously all reviews are subjective based on what you look for in your vacations. For us we were touring the hotel for our upcoming wedding. We were only there 3 nights but had enough time to try about 6 of the restaurants plus room service. I was very nervous reading some of the reviews about the location of the resort. It's true that you are driving through an area that is not very desirable and the front road still needed work (we went early February). I have been to Mexico several times so the area didn't bother me so much. However I'd be concerned for my wedding guests that haven't traveled much. We were upgraded to the Royal Service which was nice. We had a butler that showed us to a restaurant the first night and then I never saw or heard from him. We were so busy that I didn't necessarily care and if I needed anything, I'd just call to whomever was at the royal service front desk and they'll take care of us. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have champagne and fruit in our room on arrival and a bath drawn for us (all part of the Love at First site package). Considering we were there to look at the hotel for our future wedding, you'd think they'd want to pull out all the stops. We had dinner with a family staying on the Esmeralda side and they told us that they had baths drawn, treats and balloons waiting in the room for them for their kids. I guess it's hit or miss.
Most of the food we had was really good..Bana, Palapa, The Sunset Grill, apps at Gaby Club. The only thing I wasn't big on was room service and the pool menu was ok. The drinks were premium..grey goose, ketel one, etc. We had Absolute and a few other bottles in our room. If you don't ask them, they won't restock those. The vibe of the hotel was cool..kinda like Miami with a nice interior design. I didn't like the look of the outside of the hotel at all. It was concrete and plain looking. Not very tropical or anything. Not enough flowers and greenery. The beach area is really small. Even though I would not likely go in the water to swim, it's still nice to lay beach side and enjoy the sights. Honestly we didn't have enough time to go to the beach since the hotels promotion was only for 3 nights and our flight came in really late the first day. For the most part, the staff was all very nice and accommodating. I'd definitely recommend it and go back for a longer stay but I doubt this is where we will get married.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla is a hotel catering to the discerning all-inclusive traveler. With 58 swim-up suites, opulent furnishings, and international cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, this adults-only hotel is a crowd pleaser. Rooms feature special touches like deep soaker tubs and rainfall showers. Marble floors, flat-screen TVs, Minibar, in-room safe, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, bathrobes and slippers, cable TV service and a DVD/CD player compliment the trendy interior design. Stay active with water sports like aqua aerobics, yoga, zumba and volleyball, or visit the spacious fitness facility. The Spa offers a wet and dry sauna($). Try a different menu every night with 14 restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Melia Hotels APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Priceline, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Perla Riviera Maya, Mexico