Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
USD 422
USD 215
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 670
USD 528
  • Beachfront
USD 458
USD 439
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
USD 355
USD 263
USD 309
USD 247
  • Pool
Playacar Palace(Playa del Carmen)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 717
USD 598
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 879
USD 747
USD 486
USD 436
USD 792
USD 666
Priceline
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 2,000
USD 1,042
All reviewsado bus stationfree breakfastbusiness hotelsmall closetmin walkingcomfortable hoteltea and coffeeair conyogurtnice showerlocation is greatla quintadecent sizewould stay againcomfortable bedsreception staffbuffet style
Reviewed 22 May 2018

First, the hotel. It's decent. It's not far from La Quinta and the beach (15minute walk) and right next door to Walmart, which was quite convenient. There were four ATMs in Walmart, which also contributed to the convenience factor. The room was tiny; two people moving around is a little tricky. The bathroom and shower were fine and an OK size, more so than the bedroom. The included breakfast was great; hot dishes (scrambled eggs, quesadillas, breads), fruit (fresh cantalope and papaya), and coffee.

Now the administrative. We booked two rooms through Reservations.com for 9 nights with a one-night penalty in the event of a change. When we arrived, we learned that my sister-in-law would have to leave two days early, so I informed the desk clerk (Jero). He told me to advise them again the day before she was to leave. That day came, and he told me we would have to call Expedia (even though I didn't use Expedia, he kept saying Expedia; I guess they must get a lot of Expedia bookings), so I called Reservations.com. They advised me that the hotel would probably charge me a one-night penalty. I told him I was aware of that, so I was only expecting a one night refund. He said he would have to get the hotel's approval,and that he would call them. Ten minutes later, he calls me back and tells me that the hotel won't approve any refund. We were in the lobby watching the telephone conversation from a distance, so had not heard what had been said. When we went to ask Jero why he was not approving the refund, he told us that "since you paid Expedia, you have to get the refund from Expedia". We told him that they were just calling to get his approval and they would process the refund. He kept insisting that we had to get our refund from Expedia and the hotel had nothing to do with that. It was as if he believed that if you got your reservation through Expedia (which we didn't, btw), the hotel didn't get any of that money, that Expedia kept it all, which is pretty illogical. We asked why would the hotel give away free rooms to people coming through Expedia; that went way over his head! He fell back on his go-to "you made this deal with Expedia, you have to get your refund from Expedia". By that time I was so exasperated, I just said to heck with it. I told him that since that $70 meant so much to them, keep it and give it to the housekeeping staff (who btw were great).
So my advice to you is make sure if you reserve through a 3rd party website that you don't have reason to change it. You could have a problem.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Monica M, Gerente at One Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for sparing your time to leave a review about our service. We regret that we were unable to meet and exceed your expectations about how your early check-out was handled. We strive to provide each and every guest with an unforgettable experience that meets the highest standard of service. Please know that this is not of the norm, and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations.
We hope you give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves should your travels bring you back to the city.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night with a group tour. The rooms were smaller than most of the other places we stayed but it was very clean. The air-conditioning didn’t work great I would’ve tried to change rooms if I was staying from more than one night. They have a free breakfast from 7 AM to 11 AM it was OK. The Wi-Fi works great it’s located one block from the bus station and a few blocks from the main streets in playa. All in all it was a decent hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank gijadenyc
Monica M, Director General at One Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments regarding your recent visit to One Playa del Carmen. We are glad to know that you had a memorable experience at our beautiful property and our service did please you.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I checked into One hotel after wandering around lost from the ADO terminal and then finally making my way to the right street. It's somewhat difficult to navigate as a tourist around Playa Del Carmen at first when you don't have access to your cell phone network, although Google Maps allows you to download local maps to use when you have no connection.

The rooms are smaller than a normal hotel room in the United States but they are clean and you get everything that you need. There is a long desk on which you can put your computer, or I used it to spread out my clothes for the week. There is also a small cubby for hanging up clothes and the hotel provides hangers.

I like the building because it is modern and airy and the hotel provides breakfast for you from 7a.m. to 11 a.m. Each morning. There are also a few things that are available 24 hours a day such as tea and coffee.

I'd like to add that my second day was on Valentine's Day and the maid left me a Valentine's Day card and a candy. she also wrote me a personal note. That's the first time I've ever experienced this and I feel very happy.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank T6555RDrr
Monica M, Gerente at One Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

I would like to thank you for taking the time to relate your comments pertaining your time you spent with us at One Playa del Carmen. It was great to learn that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. However, what really makes me feel proud to hear is about the friendly and polite services provided by our staff. It has always been our aim to hire employees with a positive attitude who are able to embrace the Posadas philosophy and share our common values. I was delighted to learn from you that we succeeded.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel is close to shops and just a short walk from the beach.
The room was clean and beds were comfortable.
There was no smoking in rooms or in the provided outdoor areas which I thought was odd.
There's free tea and coffee downstairs in the restaurant part, but no facilities for this in the rooms.
The staff didn't speak great English but just knowing the Spanish basics I could communicate effectively.
All in all, no complaints, a pretty cheap, central place to stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary C

Thank you for sparing your time in leaving a review for our hotel. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.
It will be a pleasure for us to host you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Nice and modern - Very good Quality/ price - 2 step from 5th Avenue and bars on Calle 12 - Safe parking - Very nice employee - Away from the traffic and the noise of the 5th Aveneue - Breakfast - Elevators - Laundry-room - Outdoor terraces (2) with tables and chairs

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank hungericbuuv

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments regarding your recent visit to One Playa del Carmen. We are glad to know that you had a memorable experience at our beautiful property.