The bar is completely separate to the hostel and owned by someone else. The bar is absolutely awesome and the guys who own and work there make it an incredible night for everyone with great prices and deals too! 30 pesos all u can drink for an hour always goes down well. But you dont need to stay at this hostel to enjoy this bar.. stay down the road this hostel is/has:
- Incredibly loud - thing is they have sound proof doors but they need a sign in Spanish saying ''close the door'' but all night long idiots were leaving the door open and waking everyone up
- bad beds (my back is still sore)
- disgusting toilets til 10 or 11am when the cleaner cleans up the yak and poo
- breakfast is just slices of bread
- air con is off most the day
- water is intermittent
- Reason I gave it 3 is because the staff are nice and the fellow guests in the hostel are really awesome and fun, location is good too.. and I was drunk most the time anyway to not care about the above.
Most our neighbors left after one night. Stay down the road at Youth Hostel, its cheaper and u might actually sleep. My one night off from drinking I didn't sleep til 2am because it was so loud and other guests were very rude and kept forgetting to SHUT THE DOOR!!. Definitely come and see this bar though!! Ask for a Kevs Magical Drink ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Rio Playa is located one block from the beach and half block from the famous '5ta Avenida' Fifth Avenue downtownWe offer the perfect blend of elegance and tropical flare for a unique experienceWe are welcoming you in a fusion of Asian/Italian decor and architectural style, focusing on personalized service and detail. Come prepared for an unforgettable vacation...We know that a hostel is much more than just a place to sleep. Therefore we offer you all the necessary amenities to allow you to get to know and enjoy this extraordinary town, especially the region's stunning Mayan archaeological sties staged in lush jungle settings.We offer you specialized information regarding transportation, distances, costs, tourism and more in order for you to experience these alternative Mayan routes at the right price and with the proper resources.Additional InformationWe have a private bar just for hostel guest (beer is just 1 dlls for the guest)20Mts walk distance to the beach.24 hrs reception.No smoking inside of building. (plenty of space where you can smoke)Be happy always. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Hostel Rio Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Rio Playa Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hostel Rio Playa Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico