“Excellent location, excellent service”
Playa Del Carmen Dress Code
Playa Del Carmen Dress Code
Jacuzzi Deck Area
Night Time view of The Penthouses of the Royal Oasis
Kitchen Island with table seating for 2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Vthetrave...
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent location, excellent service”
Reviewed 7 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012
people found this review helpful

I stayed at the Royal Oasis condo for New Years getaway this year and was very happy with my decision to skip the usual All-Inclusives! I was nervous about being scammed and about the actual condition of the unit (we all hear horror stories) Everything from start to finish - from inquiring about rates to needing tips during my stay to a smooth and easy check out - was everything I'd hoped for.
The unit is clean and nicely decorated. There is purified water available from the taps (Reverse Osmosis), purified water in the bathroom to brush our teeth, as well as a water cooler which was replenished during our stay. Kim even changed towels/linens halfway during the week even though we only stayed for 5 days and this was NOT advertised as included in the price! The kitchenette has everything except an oven, even spices, sugar, coffee maker, blender for smoothies, utensils, tin foil, etc. There are also 2 beach chairs provided so you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to rent them at the beach, and beach towels.
Kim also offers a grocery service so that there is food in the condo before you arrive, which is very convenient. We opted to go to the grocery store ourselves which Kim gave us directions to.
She also recommended the best and cheapest restaurants, told us how not to get scammed by locals, and was available anytime we called her on her cell phone. She lives in the complex so I felt very well attended to! She even drove me to the local FedEx pick up place to get a package from the US I'd been expecting!
Ok more on the unit - the location COULD NOT BE BETTER. It's on a quiet street literally one minute away from the busy 5th avenue (so no clubbing music noise), with a bar/restaurant right next door and the best fish taco place across the street. Also not even 5 minute walk from the beach.
The pool is being renovated so I'm sure when that's done it will be beautiful. Right outside the condo there is a large patio with a big table to have breakfast on, as well as the huge jacuzzi tub and tanning chairs.
I could go on and on but basically if you want something not too fancy, and moderate size for 2 people with a great location right in the middle of the action, choose this condo!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The A/C is loud!
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 May 2017
Thanks so much! What a great review! I loved meeting you both - and was more than happy to help you out! This studio condo has just been renovated - so go check out our website and do a 3D walk through of the new look....Thanks again Kim
Ontario
Reviewed 27 April 2010 for a stay in March 2010

Liked best: Well maintained
Liked least: NA
Your age range 35-44
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
12 May 2017
Thank you! It is always great to hear that our guests have really enjoyed our property- and we look forward to your return!
Denmark
Reviewed 12 March 2010 for a stay in December 2009
person found this review helpful

Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
12 May 2017
Thanks so much for leaving a review, and we would be delighted to have you again!
alberta canada
Reviewed 9 March 2010 for a stay in January 2010

12 May 2017
Thanks for the wonderful reference - anytime you want to return give us a call - and the studio is now newly renovated - so you will enjoy it even more!
AB
Reviewed 2 March 2010 for a stay in February 2010

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Construction out back
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Tourists
2 Mar 2010
Thank you so much...you were a delightful couple...that I now count amongst my friends!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing