La Tortuga Hotel & Spa
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
USD 423*
USD 293*
Bookit.com
USD 733*
USD 303*
USD 605*
USD 589*
  • Breakfast included
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
USD 237*
USD 194*
USD 479*
USD 227*
Melia.com
USD 833*
USD 519*
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
USD 277*
USD 229*
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 826*
USD 702*
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
USD 612*
USD 440*
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
USD 1,434*
USD 940*
Bookit.com
2,478 results
All reviewsswim up roomrooftop jacuzzicomo comobeach clubincluded breakfast isattached restaurantboutique hotelcoco bongostandard roomsun deckpool areajunior suitehot tubevery morningshort walk to the beachour honeymoonfifth avenue
Reviewed 20 March 2012

First I would like to say that there was nothing wrong with the room or the cleaning staff, which are the most important things in a hotel. The room was comfortable, the place was always clean, the pool was beautiful and the hot tub was the highlight of late afternoons.
The real problem with this place was some staff members. Laura and Yanina, at the front desk, were always helpful. But I had a very bad experience with another front desk person, whose name I've forgotten. She was arrogant and not helpful at all. When she finally understood that I needed help she called the manager, who showed up at my room unannounced and wanted to make my undone bed his office. I cannot express in how many ways this gentleman bothered me, he disrespected my privacy and never gave me a chance to express what I really needed help with. After being told that I needed him to leave my room he turned rude and left me without a solution to a problem he never bothered to try to understand. And this was not a language problem, he spoke fine English and I speak decent Spanish.
I would not stay at this place again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carla G
LaTortugaG, Guest Relations Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review La Tortuga Hotel & Spa . We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations, and once again I apologise for that, we are working to achieve a better service and your comments are a great help to identify our areas of improvement.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I felt very welcome at La Tortuga, and very much liked that it was close to everything - Avenida 5 and the beach - without being in the middle of the noise. Breakfast and WiFi Internet access were included in the price. Parking in the nearby garage was $10. (General advice: don't even *think* about staying in a hotel on Avenida 5 unless you want 24/7 action and noise).

My room was just OK, considering the room rate. I would have liked to have a chair. There's a lot on the plus side, though. The room was clean, the air conditioning worked, there was enough hot water, and the bathroom amenities were good. The bed was too soft for my liking, but that's a matter of personal taste.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
La Tortuga H, Guest Relations Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear valued Guest,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking a minute to write about La Tortuga Hotel & Spa. We are thrilled to hear that you are recommending our boutique hotel, and that you and your family had such a delightful and memorable stay.
We take great pride in the fact that our customer service and high standards has become our trademark and has gathered us at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa a standout choice when compared to other hotels in the area.
We welcome and value our customer comments as they are what help us to keep making changes within the hotel to grow, obtain and achieve our high quality standards and customer care.
I have shared your comments with our staff and they are grateful for your kind positive words. Once again, thank you and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you and your family back to La Tortuga Hotel & Spa soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed at the La Tortuga Hotel. It is very convenient to 5th Avenue where all the bars and shopping occurs. Its 1/2 block walk to 5th Ave. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant had specials each day. The staff remembers the guests names. The bartenders are very friendly and willing to help you in any way possible. Booked several tours with their front desk. The tours were exactly as they described.

The housekeeping dept. had a surprise for us each day: the towels were always arranged in a different way each day on the bed. They were a variety of animals or other creative displays. It was a lot of fun walking into the room each day.

Room Tip: On 5th Avenue, be sure to stop at the bar with swings outside. Explore around as each bar has a different atmosphere. Some by the beach have torch shows at night. Have fun exploring!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
La Tortuga H, Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Dear Valued Client,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. It makes us really proud and happy to read a review like yours. For us to have such loyal customers like yourself and to receive such encouraging and positive words is the best reward, for all our hard work and obsessive attention to detail and your comments means that we are truly achieving that La Tortuga Hotel & Spa is renowned for and that is exceeding all expectations of our clients.
On behalf of management and staff, we wish you all the best for the future and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to La Tortuga Hotel & Spa soon. Keep in touch with us through our facebook page, there you can learn about all our promotions and free upgrades for our repeat clients…
La Tortuga Hotel & SPA

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at La Tortuga. We stayed in a junior suite with a king size bed, small balcony, and in-bathroom jacuzzi. The hotel is located 1 block from 5th avenue, which makes it nice and quiet but still puts you next to all the restaurants and shopping with a short walk to the beach. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant is included and is good. The courtyard/pool area is very nicely landscaped and maintained. The pool is completely shaded, which was good for us (we used it when we wanted to escape the sun at the beach), but this may not appeal to all guests. The hotel does not have its own beach but you can use Mamita's beach club for free (we were told, but did not try because it looked crowded) or Ziggy Beach club, where 200 pesos per person gets you beach loungers for the day, and this fee counts towards any drinks or food ordered from the club. We also spent a day at the beach at La Tortuga's sister hotel in Tulum, Cabanas, Tulum, where we were warmly welcomed "home" with complimentary welcome drinks and excellent service. The staff was great and our room was cleaned thoroughly every day. We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben742
La Tortuga H, Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Valued Client,
La Tortuga Hotel & SPA

Reviewed 16 March 2012

We had a wonderful stay here in Playa Del Carmen We loved the location and didn't have a problem with too much notice we had a swim up room which was very relaxing. Alfredo was the person who got us settled into our room and was always available with a big smile he even gave us a recommendation to eat at El Fogon as we wanted some local food The breakfast was amazing and Jose was on top of things all in all a great stay and we will definitely be back

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple