We, (wife and myself) went for a 14 days’ vacation to Playa del Carmen, Mexico to celebrate our 25th. wedding anniversary, and had booked this hotel via a charter company, after reading some good reviews in advance. We were definitely not disappointed. Situated in the middle of everything just of 5th. Ave and with a short stroll to the beach one could imagine that it would be a bit noisy. It is not. It's so calm and peaceful that it's really hard to imagine that you're actually in the middle of the touristic area. A couple of times one could hear the bass from a nightclub, but never so much that it would be annoying. (that of course depends on how sensitive you are). The hotel rooms are situated around the garden, which basically is a pool-area with a nice jacuzzi.
The staff must be one of the most friendly, helpful and service minded hotel and restaurant staff I've ever met. The girls in the reception are just adorable. So sweet and helpful as they are, yet with a great sense of humour, and very professional, as were the "bellboys" who were always there to open doors and carry your luggage with a friendly smile on their faces. A quote from one of them: "remember you're on vacation to relax" So we did. The restaurant is called El Bistro, and they serve delicious complimentary breakfast. The rest of the day you can have good meals as well for lunch, as for dinner. A very good selection and for us at least, at very reasonable prices. Also here the staff is excellent. Good sense of humour, friendly and very effective. I must not forget to mention the cleaning-staff as well, who always made a new figure on the bed out of the clean shower towels, that where replaced every day. We started to look forward to see what they'd come up with every day when coming in after a day on the beach or on one of the many excursions that you can join. This is a highly recommended hotel for anyone who cares about a budget, but still want some feeling of luxury. Thank you so much La Tortuga for making our stay so great. We will definitely go back.
Just for info, this hotel has an age-limit downwards to 16 years. So children under the age of 17 are not allowed. So this is not an option for families with small children, but that might be one of the reasons why it was so quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico