Outstanding. This is a safe, beautiful all-inclusive with a spectacular beach, great rooms and a very dedicated staff. To get to 5th Ave. for shopping, exit the resort main entry and cut through the parking lot on the right (north side) and walk through the square to the street...literally two minutes away. Don't miss a walk over in the evening when 5th comes alive with music. We booked two rooms, one ocean front and one for our adult children in the back. Ocean front rooms have spectacular views but there is loud music in the evening, so for a quiet night, just close your balcony doors and you'll have silence. Back rooms have great WiFi reception and are always quiet. After a few nights, we used points to upgrade our adult children to ocean front and they enjoyed an ocean front suite for the rest of the stay. Our hotel credit points were used for spa visits, upgraded wine, the room upgrade, and lobster dinner on the pool deck. We actually didn't even use all our hotel points. We watched the Cozumel ferry quietly dock, release foot passengers and then load the next passengers to travel back to Cozumel....all day long. It was entertaining. We watched the sky divers demonstrate their skill at manouvering their parachutes to land in the same spot each time...with a delighted tourist attached for the ride. The beach is spectacular. We ordered lunch on the beach twice...delicious quesidillas, pizza, club house sandwiches and Caesar salads. The Italian restaurant is elegant with the largest wine rack wall we'd ever seen. Eat there at least once. The Mexican restaurant had a different theme every night and a good variety of food to choose from. The staff were always helpful and they really work hard. We were all very happy to tip them and enjoyed hearing about their lives.
This was our fifth trip to the area but first time to the Playacar Palace. Our son proposed to his girlfriend during a moonlit walk along the beach the first night of our stay. This resort will always be a special place to us now and we highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico