My husband & I stayed at Playacar Palace the 1st week of Feb/12 after staying 3 weeks at Hard Rock Punta Cana. We have visited all the Palace Resorts with only Isla remaining to try. Upon arriving at our room, my husband looked at me & said "Oooh, why did we move. I said, you wanted to visit all the Palace resorts & this is to be our golf week (Playacar has the best!). Well, that Oooh, was very short lived. Playa, being a smaller resort, we quickly could see had its charm, beauty & tranquility.
Food and service was exceptional. Our room was top floor & central with a beautiful view. The beach is really nice, not crowded and is just walking distance to ferry to Couzemel. The staff are top notch, so friendly and go above and beyond to please. Special thanks to Abagail, who was our representative, always with a smile and making our vacation run so smooth. Her and co-worker Nancy in Vacation Planning couldn't do enough to help us out. Also, thanks to Ana & Carlos who were bar staff happy, friendly & on the ball keeping us happy.
We very much enjoyed the small town of Play del Carmen, very clean & pretty town with colorful, lush vegetation. Shopping at little boutiques all walking distance. Golf & spa exceptional also walking distance or shuttle away. We enjoyed special dinner night with other Palace members, a perfect way to meet new friends & enjoy special taste treats. A separate event was Chef's Dinner night that also was fun, interesting and delight to watch the fine art & talent of our exclusive Palace Chef.
Special thanks to Mayra, who was only 5 days new to the staff at Playacar and had arranged a beautiful romantic jacuzzi with rose petals, wine & cheese tray evening. She was very helpful, kind, great smile & will be a great asset to the Palace team. Thanks also to Carlos and Ivan in Public Relations who were exceptional as well and always making sure we were well taken care of. We can't say enough about the staff at Playa. Overall, the amenities are all there and we enjoyed the quaint atmospohere & friendly people of a smaller resort. We are sure to return. Thank you all !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Expedia APAC, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico