We just got back from a 5 day stay at Maya Villa Condo 402, with ou two year old, and had a great time there.
Location: a 2 -minute walk from the beach. The Indigo beach club serves a good breakfast, and the staff at the beach are very good. you are only a 5-minute walk from the most happening night spots in playa del carmen, but at no time did we hear any noise from the clubs. The area is quite safe to walk at night.
Room: The condo was spacious, and a real retreat after a sunny day at the beach. The pool is awesome, and I thought it was better than the one at El Taj because the sun doesn't beat down on you.
Amenities/cleanliness: no complaints. everything was great.
spa: the spa is great, just outside the main entrance and never crowded, so you can get in anytime.
room safety: if i could give one suggestion to the owners, i would request padlocks for the condos, so that tenants can lock the condo from the inside, especially at night. Presently, almost anyone who has a key can unlock the condo and get in.
concierge: the concierge could have been better. They don't really take pains to look up anything, just hand you the existing brochures and ask you to read the info from there. We had to look up most stuff on the internet.
overall, a very pleasant stay, i would highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in a unique combination of modern luxury and Mayan magic at this exquisite condo hotel located steps from the white sand beach. Seventeen spacious condominiums are nestled among lush vegetation that make this condo hotel your own tropical oasis. The condominium is surrounded by Mayan art, handcrafted by the region's most talented Mayan artists. Enter trough the great Mayan arch, and find yourself in the midst of greenery, cascading waterfalls, and a sparkling heated pool made of jade-colored and gecko-shaped mosaic and glass that give it the name of Jewel of Playa. Some of the penthouses offer amazing views of the Caribbean sea which is just half of a block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel And Beach Club
- Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club Playa Del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico