“PERFECT COZY PLACE”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
exterior
interior
bedroom
It's almost Christmas at Horafeliz Condo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Re'Va A
Houston, Texas
“PERFECT COZY PLACE”
Reviewed 21 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Omg! On top of the apartment being super cute and extremely convenient the owners,Daniela and Marco, are the nicest people! They made the trip so fantastic! The apartment has everything one could possibly need and it's really cozy and safe and its across the street from the best little restaurant! AWESOME AWESOME! Highly recommend this place for anyone to stay. We will for sure be staying there again on our next trip to Playa Del Carmen! Thank you so much Daniela and Marco for all of your help and hospitality! It's greatly greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

25 Jan 2016
Thank you gys for the nice words !!! We really hope to see you again next year .... All the best for your future take care LOVE Dany and Marco
curleyjen...
Calgary, Canada
“Happy times for sure”
Reviewed 18 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We just got home from 10 amazing days at Hora Feliz! Here is a summary of our experiences;

Condo booking/paperwok- Daniella was wonderfully organized and prompt to communicate and help with booking, payment and even arrange transportation to/from the airport. Check-in and out was very simple and hassle-free. They had even made up a binder with local recommendations and notes about the condo and area. We were really impressed!

Condo amenities- The condo is not fancy but has all needed furnishings and was nicely kept and very clean. It was the perfect size for the 2 of us. It had eveything for us to cook breakfast and the few dinners we stayed in and the cleaning lady that came every secound day even helped with our dishes if we didn't get to them. What a bonus!

Condo location- the location was perfect for us and we walked to almost everything. It is close enough to the famous touristy 5th ave without being stuck with all the craziness of being right on it. The beach is very close (10min walk or so) there is a scuba and coffee place downstairs, as well many grocery and restaurant options within throwing distance. Relaxing on the deck watching the bussle and listening to the occational street music of the seafood place across the street was just wonderful.

Activities nearby we did and liked- (note it is a very safe and tourest friendly area)
-ferry to cozumel, rented a skooter and toured and snorkeled around the island.
-taxi to Punta Venatu (well worth the 200 pesos each way) great snorkeling, ok food and perect for beach relaxing
-local collectivo -van/bus (20-40pesos each way) to Akumal to snorkel with turtles.
-local collectivo -van/bus (20-40pesos each way) to Tulum to see the Mayan ruins, swim and snorkel.
-rented bikes ( 100pesos a day at Cocos down on 5th) and followed their map of sights- cenotes, great close beaches and restuarants etc.
-fishing trip (around 1600 pesos each). A bit pricy from what we have paid in other areas of Mexico but was just us on the boat and was a great 4 hours on the water. We caught 2 big barracudas and lots of reef fish.
- dove with the dive shop below the condo ( very professional).
- ate at El fogon( on 30th ave and 25th street?! for tacos and fajitas al pastor many, many times.

Note there is a lot more offered of course but as this was our 9th time to mexico we are past the days of enjoying big tour buses and the theme parks ( although Xelha is good ;) and always bring our own snorkel gear;)

If It is your first time to Playa or even Mexico, we really recommend this condo and area as a safe and budget friendly option that offers a lot of convenience, culture and flexibilty you will not get with an all-inclusive hotel option ( which we have done many times as well).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Jan 2016
Dears Jennifer and Jason, how are you guys ?
Thank you very much for this great review ! This is also helping me with my future guests , all your tips are very valuable and precious , you should have a blog with all the news about Riviera Maya , well done Jen ! Thank you for everything !!! take care all the best for your future and we hope to see you again ; LOVE Dany and Marco
Asi221
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic experince”
Reviewed 2 June 2015 for a stay in February 2015

I’m well traveled and Playa Del Carmen has been my “go to place” for the last 20yrs. I go there just to relax on the beach or if I choose I have unlimited amount of cultural excursion’s to choose from! In the past I’ve stayed at 4 and 5 star resorts but I must say never again! I was a little weary of booking a Studio apartment for many reasons but by far my stay at Horafeliz CondoHotel has been my best experience yet in Playa!
I booked a three-week stay in February of 2015 and my experience could not have been any better!
Sure it’s nice to all your meals cooked for you 3 times a day and drinks brought to your beach chair but really, I don’t have this service at home and I know how to cook! Never mind the fact that I ate when I wanted to and cooked what I liked staying at the Studio! If I didn’t feel like cooking there is an abundance of fantastic restaurants within walking distance. There are several studio’s available in the complex (7 or 8). Daniela & Marco have created a very peaceful and for me most importantly a safe environment, making their guest’s experience feel more like being a part of a community rather than a room number.
The Studio’s have all your basic needs, are clean and comfortable, and have maid service every second day!
Daniela and Marco’s hospitality is outstanding! Really if there is any thing you need all you have to do is ask. They live in the complex and are happily available to you.
The location was one of the reasons I booked at Horafeliz CondoHotel. In my opinion you can’t any better than this! It’s at the BEST end of the main street for us tourists and just a block up from 5th on 10th and 5min walk to the best beach!. Your away form the hustle and bustle of 5th yet close enough to have everything you need within walking distance! This end of 5th is a lot more peaceful, it doesn’t have the large Resorts row after row therefore you don’t have the crowds. But if that’s what you’re looking for, it’s just a 15 to 20min stroll down the street. Which in its self is enjoyable!
Weather your staying for a week or a month; the cost of renting a Studio at Horafeliz CondoHotel is unbelievable! Your just not going to find a better rate for the location, the safety and service you receive!
I could go on and on, so the bottom line is if you enjoy experiencing being a part of the local culture and community renting a Studio in Playa is the way to go. You will experience things that you will for sure miss being on a resort and for me Horafeliz CondoHotel will be my home away from home when visiting Playa!
If you are reading this, I would tell you “have no doubts about booking here… you’ll love it! For info on Playa check out Eeverything Playa Del Carmen on Facebook lots of great unsolicited reviews.
Daniela & Marco, thank you for your warm welcome and hospitality.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, safety, price
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
happybeac...
Calgary
“The Perfect Studio & Warm Hosts”
Reviewed 28 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Horafeliz for 9 nights, and loved it so much we returned for another 3 nights on our way back from a side trip.

The booking process, communication & check in / out: easy.

The studio: Clean, bright, comfortable & well equipped with everything we needed for an extended stay.

Furnishings: excellent condition.
Kitchen: Fully stocked. Fridge (freezer) in very good working order. Coffee maker, microwave. Stovetop.
Beach towels: yes, thank you!
Clothesline on balcony: yes, great idea!
Bathroom: great shower / water pressure.
Bed: firm & comfortable with good linens.
Closet space - well done! Lots of room to unpack, hang / fold / store your clothes.
Safe: yes, electronic, no key necessary.
Balconies: 2! One sunny street, one lovely shady courtyard garden with a beautiful huge tree.
Secure building: yes
Neighbourhood: Convenient & quiet. Love this end of town (Calle 40, 1 block from 5th Ave). All amenities close by, easy beach access & great restaurants nearby. No taxis necessary unless you have mobility issues. If you do need a taxi, they are easily found at the corner.

Best for last: Your hosts, Daniela & Marco! The best! Love you two! We are grateful to have met you. Your warmth and generous friendly vibe is beautiful. Thank you for sharing Horafeliz with us. We're grateful for the opportunity to stay with you and look forward to staying with you again soon!

I wish we could move in permanently :)
Hugs & gratitude,
Angie & Kevin

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
28 Feb 2015
Guys ... thank you so much for your wonderful words ! We are very happy you loved staying at our condo . Please remember "mi casa es tu casa" we really hope to meet you again ! All the best to you and your families LOVE Dany and Marco
Mel0194
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent Location - Great Value”
Reviewed 10 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed in the Studio Apartment - incredible value for cost. Apartment was very clean, great air conditioning, small balcony, free wifi and basic bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. Amenities were basic, hand and dish soap is provided as well as one towel per person for the shower and one beach towel per person. The beach towel is a great feature! Maid service was provided every second day. Communication with the owners was easy and responses were always provided within 24 hours.

This apartment is very quiet at night, close to the beach and one block from 5th avenue restaurants and bars.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
10 Jan 2015
Good morning Melanie, thatks so much for your kind words ! I'm very sorry i couldn't get to meet you guys in person...
Me and my husband Marco wish you and your families a very happy and peaceful 2015.
best wishes
Daniela and Marco
Condo Horafeliz
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing