We vacationed here in the Summer of 2011 on a company sponsored awards package. I spent a week at the Grand Velas with my wife, our two teenaged boys, and our six year old son. The food at all the restaurants is excellent and I would highly recommend their signature restaurant, Cochina de Auture (sp?) and their Mexican themed restaurant. Service is this resort's claim on greatness. When we finished our meal at the Mexican restaurant, the Host brought out the Head Chef from the kitchen to ask our party if we had any questions or comments about the dishes that we had been served. My entree seemed more like a Thai dish, so I asked about this, and the Chef gave us a short lesson on the different spices that he had used to created this traditional Mexican dish that I had enjoyed so much.
I had resigned myself to eating dinner only at the "family" venues, because I did not want our youngest son to miss eating dinner with the entire family. On our second night of the vacation, I walked down to the opposite wing of our building to check out the second work out facility on the premises. My six year old accompanied me. We passed a nice glassed in facility where a dozen or so young children were playing video games on huge flat panel TV's. My son's reaction was "WOW, HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GO IN THERE!" I told him it was included in our package, but it was almost closiing time (11 PM?). The next evening, when we came in from the beach, he was the first one out of the shower, dressed and ready to go for his evening out at the "Kids Club". They feed the kids Pizza, they have several certified young daycare attendants, and they play all kinds of different games with the kids. He begged to go to the Kids Club, every single night. My wife and older sons got to enjoy some fabulous adult dining without having to feel guilty about leaving baby brother behind.
The pool waiters were excellent. If they do not understand what you want (my wife's favorite is a frozen Margarita), do your best to explain to them what it is you are asking for... I promise, they will do everything in their power to make you happy.
The room accomodations were excellent. The on location dive company was great, had a nice two tank dive with one of my older sons. The only negative I can say about this location, is that when we went, the beach still had some rocks that were quite large in the water...easy to hurt your feet if you weren't careful. Besides this, I can't give enough positives on this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2008, the luxurious All Inclusive Luxury Resort Grand Velas Riviera Maya is one of the newest resorts to distinguish Riviera Maya as a premier vacation destination. The uniquely Mexican world-class hospitality we provide is "Beyond All Inclusive, Beyond All Compare", and we are proud to be the only family-friendly All Inclusive resort in the Mexican Caribbean to have been rated Five Diamonds by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort, Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Velas Hotel Riviera Maya
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen, Mexico