9,155 results
All reviewsgin barla brasserieinfinity poolessence sectionoka sushiflavours restaurantbedroom sky suitesea oliveprestige memberspool butlersthe cantinaspider monkeysroom servicekids clubgourmet inclusivefull kitchenpoolside grill
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I would like to provide some background here. I travel for work and pleasure almost every month if the year and have stayed at every type of Hotel.

I also have stayed at The Fives last year and had an amazing experience. This is the reason I came back.

Unfortunately in a period of 1 year the hotel has become lazy, expensive and does not serve customers to the high standard of even a 3 Star Hotel.

I am currently staying here with my son, daughter and wife of a 2 bedroom into. Not a cheap trip. We are here for 11 days.

Upon check in I made it very clear that my wife was allergic to any type of sent and opted out of the complimentary aromatherapy. Tonight in night 8 I came home with tired children and sure enough my room smelled like perfume, mint and cinnamon. We had to the open all the windows and leave for 2 hours while it aired out.

On another day they were out of pool towels. When I asked the concierge for a towel he told me they were coming in 30min. 3 hours later no towels. I don’t know what hotel or resort doesn’t have towels and could not use their initiative to give towels.

The bar at my pool also had no water, no straws and no answers.

Room Services gets the order right 50 percent of the time and ignores more requests.

The issues alone are not a big deal but when added up it shows that this resort has become very very lazy.

I am not typically a complainer but I find it unacceptable and will not be returning here.

5  Thank Daniel P
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Daniel P

On behalf of the staff and management at Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma we would like to thank you for sharing your review detailing your current experiences with us.

As you are at the hotel , we would like to urge you to contact our chief concierge and guest service at the lobby of the Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma as unfortunately we can not identify you or your reservation from the information shared on this website

We are truly very sorry to hear of you experiences and challenges encountered to date however we would like the opportunities to change your perceptions and ensure we go above and beyond for you during the remainder of your stay, surpassing all expectations

Warmest regards,

gm@azulfiveshotel.com
Azul Beach Resort The Fives by Karisma

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just got back from my 7 day vacay at Azul Fives. I upgraded to a suite which was a Great space for me and my two little ones. Very well maintained grounds and clean modern rooms. Restaurants were very high quality for an all inclusive. Arezzo was our favourite (Italian). Kids club was great, kids loved it, but was very scheduled. My only annoyance was not enough chairs at the main pools and towels ran out very quickly in the morning. Other than that, highly recommend and would consider returning for sure!!!

1  Thank reemakaila
KarismaHotelsResorts, Manager at The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear reemakaila

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation.

We are thrilled to know you had such a wonderful stay at Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma and cannot wait for you to experience another Karisma experience with us. We all look forward to the privilege of serving you on a return trip to Mexico and the Mayan Riviera.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thai restaurant at Azul fives was a wonderful experience!! Thank you to our server Julio , you made a night out with my mother memorable. With fantastic service and delicious food .The apples curry should not be missed !!

Dear Sonya G

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for sharing your experiences at our Koh Thai restaurant. We are happy to hear that you had a memorable time and that Julio aided in making you evening special.

We look forward to having you back for another delicious dinner Koh Thai in Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The grounds and rooms are immaculate and maintained beautifully. Groundkeepers and housekeeping kept everything clean and pristine. I loved the yoga and stretching classes with Dolce. She is so energetic and friendly I will miss her. Oscar drove us to our Villa the first day and was also so friendly. He went out of his way to help me find my family on the property the first day we arrived. Another very helpful man, Chris, went WAY out of his way to find my son and husband a basketball one night. This was extra special because it made it possible for the two of them to bond.

Room Tip: Top floor offers private rooftop ammenties
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear libbywith2boys

Thank you for allowing us to host your wonderful family during your recent visit to the Riviera Maya and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation.

We are thrilled to know that everyone had an enjoyable time and that Dolce, Oscar and Chris aided in making it memorable stay. Thank you again and we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back to the Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma or another one of our Karisma Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed as a couple at Azul The Fives for 7 nights at the beginning of March 2018. We have absolutely no complaints about the hotel. Staff were very attentive, couldn’t do enough for you most of the time, to the point that if we were sitting outside of our room on the terrace the pool bar staff would take our order and bring drinks to our door. Our room was perfectly situated and we paid for a suite with jacuzzi bath. The room was huge! Because the trip was in part to celebrate my birthday, the staff left balloons and a tiered cake model made of towels which was a nice touch.

Very relaxing break, great food, particularly in the Italian restaurant (booking was easy), and would definitely head back. A good base to explore Playa Del Carmen as it is a short taxi ride away.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lucy_Milo

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experiences at Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma, it was a pleasure to host your vacation and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Karisma experience.

There is nothing more rewarding than to receive the praise from our valued guests and we will certainly share your experiences with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma