“Great mexican experience”
Review of El Sarape - CLOSED

El Sarape
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We made a point of trying different restaurants this time and El Sarape was on our list. Again not disappointed. Airy, open atmoshere made for a pleasant meal. Service was fast and precise. Our dishes arrived promptly and hot. Food was very good. I would recommend anyone trying this restaurant out. Takes about 10 to 12 minutes from 5th and you'll enjoy yourself.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is the best food i've eat in Mexico.
Even my tour guide recomended me this restaurant!
I went twice, and its not expensive.
We took the house special (for three people) and the meat is the best i ever had in my life (there they call it Arachera)

You have to try!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2011

El Sarape is on Benito Juarez off the tourist beat. The service is excellent and the food was very fresh and superb. The owner and staff couldn't do enough to make sure your visit was perfect. We ordered grilled shrimp and a grilled fish dinners. Everything was so fresh and cooked to perfection. They have a small open air courtyard toward the back of the restaurant and it is much cooler than the front. There was live local music each night we went which lent a very authentic mexican experience to the dinner. This place knows how to take care of their customers. I am surprised it is not higher on the list of musts. We were in Playa this time for 8 nights and we visited this place 4 of those nights. I also ordered a side salad and it was huge with so many veggies in it that we split it. The prices are fantastic also. You must try it! It is not far from the police station on Juarez on the north side of the street. Go there, you will be glad you did.

3  Thank TequliaSunrise
Reviewed 7 April 2009

I discoverd this fantastic authentic restaurant many years ago by pure luck and I must say that just wrting about it makes my mouth water.
They make the best al Pastor tacos wich is like like a shish taouk or a donner but made with pork.
What is also quite remarkable is the price. aAmeal for two is about 15.00$ (canadian)including two beers and tip.
Please give my regards to Ariel the manager ,a thrue mexican gentlemen.

1  Thank CescoMontreal_Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2009

There are many Mexican restaurants I like in Playa, but this one is just not one of them. I tried the posole and a taco el Pastore. My wife could find very little she wanted to try. If you want good Mexican food, try Carboncitos or La Terraya on second, HC Monterey, El Fogon, or La Pesca. All are about the same price as El Sarape and much better food and ambiance.