“Good Italian”

Italiannis Pasta Pizza and Vino
Ranked #382 of 963 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Food is good. I had the pizza, my wife had the soup and our friends had pasta. The service is good and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

First of all, I lived in Italy, so I am not going to be fooled at an Italian restaurant. The decor here is pleasant, rather institutionalized, like many restaurant chains, though the temperature inside was very cold. The hostess told us it was warmer in the far corner. Obviously everyone else felt the same, because the air conditioning was soon corrected. The service was slow and inefficient, but this is the norm in Mérida. We had to ask for things several times. The first thing to come out was a basket of cold stale focaccia. Big mistake for an Italian restaurant to serve bad bread - almost inexcusable. This was accompanied by olive oil (not very high quality) and Balsamico (also not very high quality.) Things started to look up a little after this tenuous start. The chocolate martini was very nice, and the big apple salad was fresh and crisp, with apples, cranberries, nuts, and a decent dressing. The spaghetti with meatballs included two very large meatballs that were properly seasoned. The ragu was a bit tart for my taste, but it was not unacceptable (and that is often the case in many places in Italy as well!) The pasta was cooked al dente, but it was not all separated, again a faux pas for an Italian restaurant. It showws a lack of attention to detail. The prices are mid-range, so we might try this place again when we hapen to be at Plaza Altabrisa. But for a nice Italian meal, stick with Oliva's downtown!

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Italiannis??? Seriously?? This place should not even exist as it is a disgrace to the fenomenal Italian cousine!

Bland taste of ALL dishes and looks as if you would purchase a frozen ready meals at Costco although I'm sure that would've been much, much better.

My cannelloni was served raw and my other halves pizza was cold!! When we mentioned this the "waiter" annoyed that we dared to complain took the pizza back and stuck it in a microwave!!! He then just chucked it back on the table.

I know, just figured out a name for the place, it should be called "The BIG joke"

It is not an Italian restaurant. Avoid to avoid disappointment. I rather starve than come back.

We are normal people liking good food but this thing called an Italian restaurant is to be avoid like a disease.

By the way TripAdvisor - you should consider a mending the scoring for people to be able to score 0 or disgrace for places like this.

No pictures as it would be a waste of space.

1  Thank Abelka84
Reviewed 7 October 2016

I arrived early to the mall opens its doors at 10:00 am so I decided to take a coffee in this restaurant that is open from 7:30. good price and excellent menu and service.
This restaurant is located inside the mall.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

It was our first time to visit this establishment. It happened to be one of their busiest times, both day of the week and hour of the day. The wait for our table was short, there was a small but understandable wait for out server, ordering went well, and again a slight wait for our food. However, the food was amazing and full of flavor!! Yes we will return!