“Perfect home and location!”
other travellers have booked this property
Master bath Pool area
Kitchen
pool and portico
living room at night
Guest bedroom seating area
portico off master bedroom with office
Upstairs bathroom detail (shower not pictured)
Dining room
Santiago church (2 blocks away)
La 69 Poniatowska restaurant and theater (5 blocks away)
Chitchen Itza (1.5 hrs away)
Museo Maya (15 minutes away in car)
Flamingo sanctuary (25 minutes away in car)
Beach (30 minutes away)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Elizabeth...
Fort Collins
“Perfect home and location!”
Reviewed 4 September 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

The only excuse I can come up with for taking so long to write this review is I wanted to keep this magical house a secret. I need to be fair to the fabulous owner and staff, so here goes: My husband and I stayed at Casa de Los Monos from January thru April 2015 and it is perfect…the house, the pool, the location… From the first morning we woke up (after arriving very late the night before), we were enchanted. Even though Casa de Los Monos is centrally located right in the middle of my favorite downtown neighborhood, it is secluded, quiet and full of tranquil, historical energy. The pool is extremely long and great for REAL swimming, unusual for a house in Mérida. This is our sixth rental home in Mérida and by far the most comfortable. We plan (and hope!) to rent this house every winter for many years!
I have “test driven” several neighborhoods in Mérida and Parque de Santiago is by far my favorite mercado for veggies, tortillas, flowers and made to order lunches! It also has the best Sopa de Lima in town…we got two orders to go at least twice a week for three months. The house is one block from this excellent mercado. The only complaint I have is it was perhaps too convenient, so I did’t explore as much as I have in past years. The biggest challenge while staying in Casa de Los Monos is making yourself LEAVE the house and experience Mérida.
Because my husband worked full-time while we lived there and I set up a small sewing room, the size of the house was wonderful. We had plenty of room for an office, a work room and guests. The completely separate guest suite gives everyone complete privacy and independence.We both love to cook while we are in Mérida and the kitchen was fantastic for a group or just the two of us….plenty of everything you need!
The property manager was very responsive to all of my questions and the lovely couple who clean and take care of the pool and garden were excellent and very patient with my pitiful Spanish!
You won’t find a better rental in Mérida. Case de Los Monos is very special.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
beckyras
Oregon
“Great from the beginning!!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I have rented numerous vacation homes, and from the very beginning I could tell this one would be special. The owners went out of their way to be accommodating. We had permission from them for a small party at their house and they sent us information on decorating ideas, food etc for the party.
The house is beautiful! The locals we know were also very impressed. Nicely appointed, great art, lighting and amenities. They have thought of everything! The local contact, Lucia, was very helpful and responsive. The pool was great for cool down after a day of touring around. The location is quite central. A five minute walk to grocery, pharmacy,mercado and OXXO and a square with some evening festivities. The house is all very nice but my favorite was the bedroom upstairs and patio overlooking the pool. Most rooms had A/C units which was very necessary for us gringos!
We will be returning to Merida to visit our friends and will be staying here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The decorating and ambiance
Liked least: Some street noise.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Houston area
Reviewed 9 February 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing