All reviews continental breakfast chose hotel quiet street walking distance the breakfast area ceiling fan the wi fi other guests air conditioning wonderful hotel rooms were very clean few blocks the main square fresh fruit every morning paseo montejo centre of town
Reviewed 30 October 2016

What a wonderful little hotel, with the wonderful staff and very affordable and easy access to the central downtown area. I felt right at home as soon as I walk in. The staff was very helpful and charming.

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor and I did not find it too loud
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2016

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

Hotel del Peregrino is an amazing hotel! I chose to book this hotel for 5 days and 4 nights with my husband because I wanted something that, I thought, would reflect the Mexican culture and I was impressed. Aside from the charm of the hotel, I was also impressed with the staff! Everyone is friendly, always smiling and they go the extra mile to help you out. We really felt welcome and safe. Franco even helped us with buying our ADO bus tickets to Cancun and he even refused to get a tip because he said it was part of their service. I really appreciate people like Franco because I used to work for the airport and I could tell that Hotel del Peregrino has great customer service!

Our room was spacious! We had a king size bed with A/C, ceiling fan, a safe, tv, huge dresser, vanity table and a bathroom with shower. They also provide hair dryers upon request with no additional cost. Naomi the housekeeper always makes adorable towel decors for our room. The breakfast is from 7:30 am to 9:30 am and they serve authentic Yucatecan food which is amazing! In the hotel there are a lot of places to lounge around and they even have a hot tub! The location of the hotel is really great because it's near the centro, a grocery store, HSBC bank where you can take out pesos and tons of places to eat and shops to buy souvenirs.

Hotel del Peregrino also offers tours around Yucatan through Mayan EcoTours. The prices are affordable and most of them includes lunch or dinner.

Overall, we are glad that we booked the right hotel in Merida and we would definitely come back and stay here again!

Shout out to David, Franco, Naomi and all the staff at Hotel del Peregrino! <3

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel fro 2 nights. Staff was very responsive and friendly and managed to change our room from the basement to the first floor. The room is small with a window to the courtyard. But it has a well-working AC, a refrigerator and nice sitting places in the afternoon. The hotel is situated in walking distance to all city attractions and we got a map and many advices from the staff for restaurants and local events. The receptionist is a former maker of hammocks and showed us all advantages and disadvantages of the local products. He sold us a really high quality hammock for a good price. Ask for their local products in the hotel!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016

What a great find. Hotel del Peregrino is super affordable and a great value. The staff consistently went out of their way to help us, everything is way clean, and the breakfasts were outstanding especially the eggs Benedict. Thanks to all for an amazing stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 October 2016

friendly and helpful staff, meals are well prepare and delicious, cook fresh and giving it a homemade feel, rooms are big and really comfortable, great location not to far for many amenities but not in the main avenues, is great for sleeping.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family