“Good Find.”
other travellers have booked this property
LIVING ROOM
BACKGROUND SKY
NIGHT TERRACE
NIGHT STREET
360 CAPTURE EXTERIOR
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Trapani, Italy
“Good Find.”
Reviewed 21 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Long term travel hold a particular set of challenges.......for us, all are reduced to creating home while in motion. In our choosing Casa Frida via, both, the profesional and human touch of mother-daughter-friend duo of Patricia and Katia we have once again realized this primary need. * Location.....quiet, private,clean, safe,centro accessible, nearby bus connections (both local and long distance), culture authenticity, neighborhood amenities-laundry, eateries, produce/ fruit markets, dry goods pharmicia ect., and, dwelling integrity, that is, clean, organized, simple, yet, ascetic with experienced, professional, yet, unobtrusive communication and management by and with Katia and Patricia.....in short, in the moment, we hold the intent to revisit this great find soon. Thank you Patricia and Katia for your intelligent caring and sharing of Casa Frida. For now Katheine and I, both, wish you well. bruce

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Self-contained nature....ideal for reading, writing,creative endeavors, contemplation...general chilling out
Liked least: nothing.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bowmanmic...
Belleville, Canada
“Quiet oasis for two people”
Reviewed 24 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

This a beautifully appointed Casa, with a lovely serene patio with pool. We enjoyed our morning coffee accompanied by two large iguanas sunning themselves on top of the wall by the pool. A bus takes you from the corner of the street to the Plaza Grande in about 5 minutes. Because we like to do a lot of our cooking, we found that the kitchen was not very functional (very limited counter space, not very well equipped) There was a limited variety of plate and glass sizes, and only 3 coffee mugs. It would be difficult for more than two adults to operate easily in this regard. That said, Katia and Particia were very quick to respond to requests and problems.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The paitio/pool area
Liked least: The kitchen
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
People with disabilities Older travelers
armelle s
“A great base to stay at when visiting Mérida and the area”
Reviewed 23 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

First, sincere thanks from the children and I for the ease with which I was able to rent the house. Katia and her mother made it simple, and they were very pleasant hosts with a sincere interest in getting to know us without being over present at all. We enjoyed inviting them over for cake and look forward to seeing them on a future visit.

The house is located about 20 min on foot from the center. Buses are available in less than a minute walk and are a cheap (7 pesos O/W) option for those unable or unwilling to walk. personally, I liked the location still in the Center but far enough from the Cathedral to not have to deal with the business and noise.

Our hosts were very thoughtful and we appreciated the following thoughts:
1 A decorated Christmas tree and poinsettia plant
- Flowers and piñata
The kids were delighted to see a piñata!

The neighborhood is great and I hope you get a chance to know a few of the delightful neighbors. We enjoyed visiting with several of them and sharing into special occasions such as the Arrullo del Niño Dios.

The house offers great points, such as:
- Location close enough to the center but not IN the heart of the city (as I mentioned earlier)
- The space in front of the house that accommodates a car, which was perfect since I had a rental
- The layout of the home
- The bathroom
- The outdoors space, private and with a place to eat and lounge chairs, some plants and a pool (about 3x5x1m)
- The quality of the beds (they are on the hard side for sure, but this did not bother me one bit)
- Internet access
- The kindness of the hosts, Katia and her mother Patti, which is essential to ensure a pleasant stay
- The willingness to assist with any of your needs (including the older gentleman, Augustín, who helps out with the yard work, etc, and is a sweetheart)

The items below are either opportunities for improvement or things I did not like, and which I informed Katia of:
- The kitchen can be updated
- The kitchen is basically supplied.(These 2 comments may be totally unimportant to most of us on vacation because we tend to go out to eat, but this mattered to me because I was alone with 3 children under 10 and I cooked a lot)
- This is more a dislike: though I found the floors to be gorgeous, they are treacherously slippery when wet, even slightly, and I had to really drill it in my children to never come into the house from the pool without being fully dry and to really take care in not splashing in the bathroom. This would be a non issue were I by myself with adults only.

Overall, Katia and Patti offer a great home and are truly customer-centric. I enjoyed the little touches, the fact too that they were fine with my letting them know where I would head the next day with the kids (I did drag us to remote areas of the state and appreciated the extra level of safety in having them know where we would have spent the day and roughly when to expect an email from me saying we had come back home). This being said, please note that this is a very safe area. Of course, always use common sense and care, but this is about as safe as it goes in México.

I recommend this rental to couples, young or young at heart, as well as to families, but maybe with children a bit older.
I congratulate yet again Katia and Patti for their thoughtfulness. My heartfelt thanks! I know the kids thank you too from the bottom of their hearts.

We hope to see you both soon!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Quiet not too far from center, yet far enough
Liked least: Kitchen and flooring (issue with young children and water)
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
CMiranda1
“Modern”
Reviewed 2 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

Modern design inside and out. Very artsy. Great price for an entire home. Clean pool and the best part is the hammock. Excellent host.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
RackMaria...
Belize City, Belize
“We felt at home, didn't want to leave.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

The property was very easy to book, Katia speaks perfect English, we clarified everything within several e-mails which Katia answers almost immediately. Patricia, the mother, met us in the house that was immaculately clean, smelled gorgeously and there were lit candles everywhere. There were fresh flowers in each room and at the patio too!!! Very welcoming, warm and cozy. She even had some refreshments for us and bananas in the kitchen. The house looks exaclty like you see at the pictures - very very nice. It felt like a designer worked on it - everything is so well thought of! The pool is clean and refreshing - patio was our favourite part - we ate all our meals here and lounged during the day. Because house was so nice we changed a lot of our plans - skipped a lot of excursions, why going anywhere if we have a great relaxing day by our private pool:)? The kitchen was very well equipped - not even once we needed something and didn't find, the blender is to die for!!!! We had our little baby-girl with us, made all her meals with that blender, i fell in love with that machine, now i have to buy one like this for me! In general everything in the house is of good quality, coffee machine, the stove, the microwave...No complains at all! And CLEAN! There are A/C's in both bedrooms, usefull after long walks in the city. Merida can be pretty hot! The location. It is 12 blocks from the city historical center, not too far, but we had to drive with the baby and leave our car at a parking - which are numerous in the city. The area is very quiet, the neighbours very friendly. We had our car, so the parking for our car right outside our living room was a huge plus too. Our home owners were the best!! Whatever requests we had - all was done magically:) Patricia was a darling, very very friendly and sweet, she even gave our baby a present - a beautiful mexican dress which our baby wore the next day for our friend's wedding!! I look forward to come here again especially we didn't do anything we planned, except walking in the city:) Thank you Patricia and Katia.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Outdoor area with the pool was the best part!!
Liked least: The water pressure and teamperature in the bath. The kitchen was fine though.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
3 Jun 2014
Good afternoon dear Marianna, the pleasure was ours! you and your family are absolutely fantastic! We really appriciate your nice comments, it make us feel that everything we do its worth it, and we are happy beeing able to serve you!! Happy to have you back any time!!!! Best always Katia & Patricia
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing