See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Agree with other comments on this hotel being a 3 stars not a 5 as their logo has. Staff is super friendly and if I were to base my rating just on them I would give them a 5/5. Restaurant is good and prices are ok too. I guess hotel rating is high because if you follow a checklist of things a 4 or 5 stars hotel should have this hotel has a gym (small), pool, restaurant, etc. Location is also a 5/5.
I went there with family members so we booked 3 rooms and stayed for 9 nights. A major low for us was not having drawers in our rooms, which it would have been ok in short stay but in a 9 nights stay and with kids and a 4 month old was a bit more challenging. We requested a crib in our room and we got it at no extra cost. Hotel is clean, needs a refreshed look in my opinion but it is very functional. If you can book on of their suites these are very spacious and have loooots of room and a great washroom.
I do recommend it if you know what to expect not a 5* but a solid 3* with no traditional/regional architecture like many others in the city.

Room Tip: Do not book directly at the hotel. Book online through one of many options.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Me2Love2Travel
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Our stay was comfortable and the service was good. We didn't try their breakfast or the pool access because we just stayed for 1 night. However, I can state that the room was ok, basic modern furniture but small in size. Still, a very good location in the city center.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed in El Espanol for two nights and used it as a base for exploring the area around. The hotel is located on the paseo de montejo which is lovely and gives you close access to bars and restaurants. The room is modern and tidy with everything you're expecting. We had lovely buffet style breakfasts in hotel restaurant.
Very nice place and definitely a recommendation.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I have never had so many amenities and services in all of my travels! The bellmen
were so helpful that they even tried to make cell calls for me, much to my surprise.
The hotel is not fancy. The rooms were sufficient for a single or double. I was able to have a bathtub, order my ice to be refilled, inexpensive room service, and everyone
in this hotel is fantastic. It is clean and on my favorite street. If you want fancy this is not. so fancy but has simple modern furniure .
They have a breakfast buffet open unti 12:30 pm. there are many choices incuding fruit, cereals. salads, pastry, eggs , sandwich meats and hot selections. The coffee is served by a waiter and refilled. routinely.
I overslept one morning for an appt.and the desk had screened my calls. I have to return to Merida each month until late Nov. for 4 or five days. have no problems with this hotel . I usually spend 150-300 usd for a hotel but I have no problems saving money and this is a great value!

Room Tip: They chose my room and it is fine. I needed a bath tub and they provided it.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2016

At first the room we booked was small, so we upgraded for a junior suite for really cheap price. The room was nice with a nice view of Paseo Montejo. The location was really good, is close to the nice areas of the city. The food wasn't nohing fancy but good to start your day.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple