See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Our stay was comfortable and the service was good. We didn't try their breakfast or the pool access because we just stayed for 1 night. However, I can state that the room was ok, basic modern furniture but small in size. Still, a very good location in the city center.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed in El Espanol for two nights and used it as a base for exploring the area around. The hotel is located on the paseo de montejo which is lovely and gives you close access to bars and restaurants. The room is modern and tidy with everything you're expecting. We had lovely buffet style breakfasts in hotel restaurant.
Very nice place and definitely a recommendation.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I have never had so many amenities and services in all of my travels! The bellmen
were so helpful that they even tried to make cell calls for me, much to my surprise.
The hotel is not fancy. The rooms were sufficient for a single or double. I was able to have a bathtub, order my ice to be refilled, inexpensive room service, and everyone
in this hotel is fantastic. It is clean and on my favorite street. If you want fancy this is not. so fancy but has simple modern furniure .
They have a breakfast buffet open unti 12:30 pm. there are many choices incuding fruit, cereals. salads, pastry, eggs , sandwich meats and hot selections. The coffee is served by a waiter and refilled. routinely.
I overslept one morning for an appt.and the desk had screened my calls. I have to return to Merida each month until late Nov. for 4 or five days. have no problems with this hotel . I usually spend 150-300 usd for a hotel but I have no problems saving money and this is a great value!

Room Tip: They chose my room and it is fine. I needed a bath tub and they provided it.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2016

At first the room we booked was small, so we upgraded for a junior suite for really cheap price. The room was nice with a nice view of Paseo Montejo. The location was really good, is close to the nice areas of the city. The food wasn't nohing fancy but good to start your day.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

The location of the hotel is good, but the staff is not professional nether helpful. They were rude and useless. I wanted to rest and I could hear everything on the next door room. On my exit they didn't even asked me about my experience with the hotel. Next visit will choose different hotel where the people knows how to treat their clients.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business