Hotel del Peregrino(Merida)(Great Value!)
USD 50
USD 49
  • Breakfast included
Luz En Yucatan(Merida)(Great Value!)
USD 70
USD 310
USD 237
USD 108
USD 104
Hotel Casa San Angel(Merida)(Great Value!)
USD 142
USD 125
Del Gobernador(Merida)(Great Value!)
USD 46
USD 43
Hotel Hacienda Inn(Merida)(Great Value!)
USD 39
USD 38
All reviewsoutdoor bathtubchicharronfree bikespaseo montejobeautiful hotelbreakfast was excellentpolloyucatecan cuisinemain boulevardgreat showerminutes walkingsitting areacool offold housefavorite hotelair conditionerspent nights
Reviewed 22 January 2016

Rosas & Xocolate is the finished product of two renovated colonial mansions. I believe I heard that one building was 198 years old and the other 100 (something like that). After the buildings sat abandoned for 30 years, they remodeled and joined them together to form this unique hotel. The design of the hotel is historical, yet contemporary. I love the original tiled floors as well as the modern finishes and bright colors.

Our bedroom was very spacious and had high ceilings – I love high ceilings in a hotel. The bathroom was also very large with two sinks and had an outdoor shower. I also enjoyed the chocolate soap provided, because it was handmade and unique.

The restaurant in this hotel is very, very good. Especially compared to some of the other restaurants in Merida that we went to. This leads me to conclude that this hotel has one of the best, if not the best, restaurants in all of Merida. Breakfast was included with our room rate, so we enjoyed that. The pastries are made in house and to die for – everyone couldn’t stop talking about them… order extra chocolate croissants! Our dinners were exceptional as well – they have salmon, tuna, steak and many other dishes to choose from.

The only negative thing about this hotel is that on our first night they brought two chocolate truffles, but then didn’t bring them again. I wish they would have brought them every night, so I wasn’t disappointed when they weren’t there!

Overall, I loved this hotel and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Merida!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2016

I travel a lot, and I can tell you there is something very special about this hotel, spa, and restaurant. It is an experience: everything from the flavors of the food, the atmosphere and attention to detail, and the kiss of a rose which warms the heart. This pink and chocolate boutique hotel is home to my favorite dessert: the chocolate soufflé adorned with crystalized rose petals. The idea of eating a rose is intriguing, and adds the perfect compliment to the soufflé. The treatments at the spa are absolutely hands down perfection, and the rooftop bar is the perfect place for live music and conversation with friends or a loved one.
The staff is wonderful, and if you get the opportunity to meet the owner, Carol, you will understand the passion behind this place.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2016

A very good choice to feel the real Merida and feel as real local guy. amazing food in addition to beautiful styled rooms. very good location and traditional meets design make you feel a bit more special

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Rosa & Xocolate is an excellent hotel that is also a piece of art. The integrity taken to preserve the building's history is inspiring. The attention to aesthetic detail where the merging of art and functionality has carefully been considered and is seamless. The property has a Zen like flow and energy exposing new treasures in every corner. The rooms were large and fabulously comfortable - The bathrooms were amazing.... Who puts an outdoor shower and tub in a bathroom that is in a city? Rosa & Xocolate did and its a brilliant idea! If bathing outdoors is not your cup of tea, there is an indoor shower too! Breakfast was delicious and the staff through out the hotel is attentive, friendly and best of all they take pride in the place they work. My family was made to feel like we were at home rather than in a hotel and perhaps that is my biggest compliment of all - Rosa & Xocolate became our home away from home. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in Mérida (having said this after visited Nectar, Kuuk Temozon)

We had el "menu de degustacion" with wine pairing.

We were lucky to be served by Noé who provided us with fantastic service and knowledge about wine and food.

All six courses were interestingly composed and well chosen. Fantastic taste combinations with chocolate for example.

The wine was every time served with explanation and tasting comments related to the food.

We definitely recommend to have lunch/dinner at this restaurant.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple