All reviewsno elevatorold world charmhotel builtgreat locationlovely old hotelantique furnitureice machineair conditioninglittle rough around the edgesseparate sitting areaattached restaurantearly checkhistorical hotelcouple of nightsmain plazasmall bathroomseen better days
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This hotel had a nice vibe and nice rooms, but beware that most only have skylights not windows. But if you choose a street side room you will get natural light. Rooms are spacious and staff is accommodating, such as arranging Chichen Itza expeditions.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank gschalkwyk
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel for the price, it is clean and right in the historic center of Merida.
Staff is courteous, I am sure you will enjoy it.
We spent a week and have no complaints. I would recommend you choose a side room away from the park and street as it is much quieter.
Other than that, I am sure you will enjoy it. This is not a modern hotel, it is about 100 yrs old and you have to accept that not everything is updated, but it will serve you well...like I said, great place without breaking the bank.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank professionalservices
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel was original and Historic , beautiful wood work thoroughout and quiet. It's just a couple blocks from the main plaza. We felt comfortable walking around the area. Room was clean and staff was very pleasant and welcoming.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I just wanted to extend a warm and heartfelt THANK YOU to the management and staff of El Gran Hotel of Merida.

The hospitality I received, even before I arrived made me delighted that I chose El Gran to celebrate my birthday.

I absolutely loved that front desk staff who were so professional, attentive and caring.

Know that if I am ever in Merida again that I will absolutely definitely 110% return to El Gran and hopefully stay in the same wonderful room.

Blessings, Teresa

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

In the center of it all! Very nice colonial / antique style hotel and super quiet considering its perfect location! No restaurant or pool within but some great places right next door ! But room service is not available of course.... beware no elevator if you are on upper floor. But grand staircase makes the walk up grandiose !

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo