All reviewsno elevatorold world charmhotel builtgreat locationlovely old hotelantique furnitureice machineair conditioninglittle rough around the edgesseparate sitting areaattached restaurantearly checkhistorical hotelcouple of nightsmain plazasmall bathroomseen better days
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel for the price, it is clean and right in the historic center of Merida.
Staff is courteous, I am sure you will enjoy it.
We spent a week and have no complaints. I would recommend you choose a side room away from the park and street as it is much quieter.
Other than that, I am sure you will enjoy it. This is not a modern hotel, it is about 100 yrs old and you have to accept that not everything is updated, but it will serve you well...like I said, great place without breaking the bank.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel was original and Historic , beautiful wood work thoroughout and quiet. It's just a couple blocks from the main plaza. We felt comfortable walking around the area. Room was clean and staff was very pleasant and welcoming.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I just wanted to extend a warm and heartfelt THANK YOU to the management and staff of El Gran Hotel of Merida.

The hospitality I received, even before I arrived made me delighted that I chose El Gran to celebrate my birthday.

I absolutely loved that front desk staff who were so professional, attentive and caring.

Know that if I am ever in Merida again that I will absolutely definitely 110% return to El Gran and hopefully stay in the same wonderful room.

Blessings, Teresa

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

In the center of it all! Very nice colonial / antique style hotel and super quiet considering its perfect location! No restaurant or pool within but some great places right next door ! But room service is not available of course.... beware no elevator if you are on upper floor. But grand staircase makes the walk up grandiose !

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2018

The El Gran is a fabulous old building. The earliest hotel built in this old city. Established in the 1700's. Old style tile and wood throughout this hotel. There is a great little square/park just outside the main doors. I gave it a four because it can be a little on the noisy side with early traffic. Great prices!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple