Villa La Bella
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
USD 188
  • Pool
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
USD 234
USD 177
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 202/night.

Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
USD 267
USD 243
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Posada Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
USD 94
  • Pool
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
USD 108
USD 104
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
USD 190
Maria's Kan-kin(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
USD 167
USD 133
Casa de los Suenos(Isla Mujeres)
USD 302
USD 249
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 279/night.

Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
USD 590
Bookit.com
USD 617
USD 486
All reviewscurtis and ashleyhoneymoon suitecurtis makespalapa suitesswinging bedconch shell shower headpoolside bungalowcurtis' breakfaststeeth hurtmargaritas and pina coladasgolf cartswing barconch shellswonderful hostsno kids allowedmade from scratchevery morning
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Villa La Bella set the tone for the our holiday. Curtis, Ashley and their supportive team welcomed us and made us feel so comfortable. The beautifully decorated grounds, swing bar, refreshing pool, delicious homemade breakfasts, and outstanding view from our swing bed in Palapa 1 will forever be imprinted on my mind. Its location on the island is perfect because its in a quiet neighborhood with great local restaurants yet close to the taxi stand that brings you anywhere else on the island. We stayed 3 nights but even after continuing our vacation, we yearned to return to Villa La Bella. Curtis and Ashley--thanks for making our Island Time so special!

Room Tip: Palapa 1 for the sunrise view, conch shower, and swing bed.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank WorldTrodder
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I waited too long to write this review, but I haven't forgotten a single detail about Villa La Bella. When we stayed there last year there were not as many reviews for this location and I took a chance selecting a honeymoon spot in Mexico following my wedding. My wife and I were married on April 1st in Puerta Adventuras at the Dreams Resort in Quintana Roo. My wife and I are frequent travelers to Mexico and usually enjoy the "all inclusive" route when we visit.

My wife and I agreed that for the honeymoon portion of our wedding, we wanted to get of the beaten path and enjoy some of the culture. We also wanted to find a place that wasn't a hot spot for tourists, and slightly more secluded. I found Isla Mujeres and thought it looked like a great place to hide from the "American Way" of tourism.

I was in charge of the honeymoon planning, and found a couple of places on Isla that I wanted to give a try. Villa La Bella was one of them, and I contacted Ashley through email about my plans. Ashley and Curtis are the reason I selected Villa La Bella. It was the warm feeling that came through an email that made me comfortable with the choice.

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite during the first week in April 2011 and loved every minute of it. We enjoyed Curtis's unique and delicious breakfast each morning. Curtis and Ashley made us feel like we were old friends and a welcomed guest in their home. I enjoyed every moment in this place, and can honestly say that I have never had an experience like Villa.

I don't remember very many details from our stay at the resort we had our wedding at. I remember every minute, and every feeling I had while staying at Villa La Bella. I actually find myself day dreaming about going back to Isla, sitting at the Swing bar and having a beer with Curtis, catching up with everything.

We loved the honeymoon suite, sleeping with the large sliding glass door open at night and seeing the sun rise while lying in bed was amazing. The feel of the ocean breeze while sleeping at night and waking up to see the first light of sun only to slip back into a comfortable sleep again was my favorite part. The coffee with a touch of cinnamon was amazing along with breakfast. Ashley and Curtis gave us some good recommendations for daily activities. We found great places to eat, most in walking distance. We rented a golf cart during one of our days and drove around the island. We saw the sun rise from the most eastern point of the island.

The pool was fantastic, the swing bar amazing. The live music on Friday was the talk of the neighborhood. The staff made great drinks and were very friendly. The private beach was perfect. A great place to spend an entire day just watching the ocean. We got to meet and hang with the locals. The ex pats on the island almost convinced us to move down there ourselves.

I can not explain how wonderful Villa La Bella is with words, you definitely have to experience it for yourself. I usually like to leave positive criticism on places that I stay, trying to find areas of improvement or make suggestions to other travelers to help make their stay nicer, but I have none for Villa. It honestly and truly has become my standard and has set the precedence for paradise and future vacations.

We hope to get back there someday to visit, and feel like Villa is our island home away from it all. We applaud Ashley and Curtis for their hospitality and for sharing Villa La Bella with so many other travelers. Thank you for the memories!

Jonathan and Cortney Burnos

P.S. To C&A: Sorry it took so long to post this!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite all the way, however I think any room would be perfect. I would even sleep on the couch in the living room if they let me.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Seriously - what everyone else says. My husband and I had sworn off B&Bs, but our friends booked this leg of our 3-stop Caribbean Yucatan trip. There were 4 of - 2 couples, and this was our favorite stop. We stayed for 4 nights. Curtis and Ashley are so warm and welcoming. The property is even more breathtaking than you can imagine. The beds are super comfortable. The pool was right outside our door -- literally. You could jump from our sliding glass door into the pool in two steps. I read for hours each day in one of three hammocks. You can walk right down to a small secluded beach. There are iguanas and frigates and their dog and sunsets...and fantastic margaritas. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked great. Three are along the pool on the bottom level. I imagine the 2nd-floor room closest to the ocean is better than the one closest to the road, although they both appeared to have an ocean view. and the room above the bar - probably the most expensive - looked stunning. It had a set of 4 ocean-facing sliding glass doors onto a deck overlooking the ocean and the property.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Everything was dialed in from the moment we showed up. We instantly felt right at home and they always went out of their way to make us feel welcome and to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Curtis and Ashley have a beautiful property, great staff and are amazing hosts. Great for couples or small groups of friends. Well located on the island...away from the main area, but close enough to get there when you want. Walking distance to a few good restaurants, etc. Curtis and Ashley are a wealth of knowledge as well, so ask for any recommendations on restaurants and be sure you get involved with Curtis' Sangrita! Only suggestion would be to add a little variety to the pool/bar area soundtrack...even though, and don't get me wrong, it's a great setting for some Jimmy Buffet!!

Room Tip: From what I can tell, you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Lovely hosts, in an absolutely wonderful place, Ashley and Curtis have created an amazing environment for guests, the details of the design are thoughtful. We slept in a Palapa Room, on hanging beds, Ashley explained that she had always dreamt of having such beds when she was a child. Nothing more relaxing than those beds.
The location of the Villa is perfectly central, and yet you are facing the wild Caribbean Sea.
If you know of the Southern Hospitality, you ll find it there!
Breakfast is served on pretty porcelaine and will keep you fed until the afternoon.
Ashley and Curtis created the best restaurants guide for us too.
Oh and their bar is great, best margarita!

Room Tip: Palapa Rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple