Villa La Bella
Na Balam Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
USD 156
  • Pool
Playa La Media Luna Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
USD 119
Ixchel Beach Hotel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
USD 240
USD 177
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 209/night.

Hotel Posada Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
USD 94
  • Pool
Privilege Aluxes(Isla Mujeres)
USD 277
USD 251
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bahia Chac Chi(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
USD 108
USD 103
Nautibeach Condos(Isla Mujeres)
USD 171
Casa de los Suenos(Isla Mujeres)
USD 302
USD 249
  • Breakfast included
USD 619
Bookit.com
Isla Mujeres Palace(Isla Mujeres)
USD 584
Bookit.com
All reviewscurtis and ashleyhoneymoon suitecurtis makespalapa suitesswinging bedconch shell shower headpoolside bungalowcurtis' breakfaststeeth hurtmargaritas and pina coladasgolf cartswing barconch shellswonderful hostsno kids allowedmade from scratchevery morning
Reviewed 15 September 2007

Words cannot express how much I LOVED Villa la Bella!!

With it's charming and spacious rooms, gorgeous views, friendly staff, wonderful owners and hands down the BEST Pina Coladas I have ever tasted (and I've tasted quite a few!), Villa La Bella goes down as the best place I have ever had the privillege of staying!

My boyfriend and I were going to be in Isla for a week and we'd planned to stay in VLB for 4 days and another hotel that was in the heart of town for the rest. Right after check-in we could tell that we had found something special and we didn't want to leave, but a plan's a plan right? Well, the first bite of Curtis' breakfast threw the plan right out the window! We had found our heaven and couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!! We extended our stay, and I'm so thrilled that we did!

When we first arrived, Curtis, Ashley and their dog Bella greeted us with warm smiles and welcomes and while Luis took our bags to our room, Curtis suggested we take a load off and relax at the bar while we go through check-in. He gave us a map of the island with some suggestions of places and restaurants to visit. He does NOT make commission on his recommendations, but he's lived there for a while and he knows the best places to eat. We went to several places that Curtis suggested and he was spot on with all of them! My boyfriend and I are foodies so we really appreciated the chance to have authentic cuisine from places that we would never found on our own rather than the tourist trap restaurants that are easier to find and certainly more expensive.
One of my favorite things about Villa La Bella (aside from the Pina Coladas-which I can't stress enough- are the best ever!) is that Curtis and Ashley are so concerned about their guests being comfortable and able to relax! There are late night quiet hours, the option to have a facial or a massage in your own room (we got facials by the way that were wonderful and Curtis even brought me a Pina so I didn't have to get up) and there are NO KIDS allowed! Now I love kids, don't get me wrong, but it's my vacation and the thought of screaming kids running around and jumping in the pool while I'm trying to relax with my novel isn't my idea of peaceful.

Villa La Bella is magical because of all the things I mentioned but it's also all of the little touches around the house. The shower head is a huge conch shell that feels like you're standing under a warm waterfall. Our bed (we stayed in one of the Palapa rooms) hung from the ceiling and was very comfortable. There are shells and sea glass everywhere that Ashley has collected from their beach. And Curtis has shell statues and other crafts around the he made himself. I only wish that they had a gift shop so that I could have bought one to bring home! Mind you we did end up collecting over 20 pound of sea glass and shells to bring back with us!

We were also lucky enough to meet another couple,Mike and Nicole, who were staying at VLB for their honeymoon. We spent several nights going to Baseball Tacos together and hanging out at the hotel talking for hours over Pina Coladas and Cervazas! That was an unexpected treat! Thanks guys!!

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone! Thank you Curtis and Ashley for such a lovely stay and believe me we will be back! I only wish it were tomorrow!

***Just as I was about to post this, I saw that Mike and Nicole had put up a review and I just had to say that y'all were such wonderful company!! We should meet up at VLB next year! I am craving Baseball Tacos!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bcopeland1979
Reviewed 14 September 2007

Wonderful place! We were away from it all and super close to the downtown area at the same time. Owners Curtis and Ashley were very warm and hospitable with all kinds of advice about the island. Their B&B was so beautiful, with so much attention paid to detail. Breakfast was amazing and something to look forward to every morning. They also have the best pool we have ever seen. Thanks C and A for an absolutely memorable and lovely honeymoon. We actually took a taxi with another couple back to the airport and we both agreed that it was an amazing place and will definately go back. We highly recommend this B&B to anyone (except for those with children, as no children are allowed).

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank Allyberry
Reviewed 13 September 2007

So my new wife and I just returned from a weeklong honeymoon at Villa la Bella and all I can say is WOW!! We had the absolute best time we could have ever hoped to have. Everything from the accommodations, food, atmosphere, weather, company, etc was just perfect. It really was our dream honeymoon come true.

I will briefly describe ‘us’ because Villa La Bella is not for everyone so I think if you have an idea who we are, it may help you determine if this is the place for you:

Nicole is 29, Mike is 42 – Mike acts younger than his age and Nicole older so you could categorize us as a mid-30’s style couple. We are an urban couple who are pretty active and work out regularly but we are certainly not health fanatics. We are not partiers (clubbing days are well behind us) but we regularly go out for good food (we love food and that’s really why we work out – TO EAT!!) and good wine and host occasional dinner parties. The all inclusive oversized mega resorts are the last place we would stay for too many reasons to list here – basically they are just not our style – we are definitely Bed & Breakfast or Boutique hotel types who like to stay off the beaten path and out of the way of the over marketed touristy places. With all that said, Villa La Bella was a perfect match for us. It was quiet and cool; had clean & spacious rooms (we had the honeymoon suite), had incredible food, scenic views, and just the right atmosphere.

The owners, Curtis & Ashley could not have been more fun, welcoming, enjoyable, informative, and attentive (yet not in your face). Curtis is what I would consider a true So Cal native but with an artistic twist. Villa La Bella is wrought with his artistic creativity as it has a kind of eclectic genius to it. He is funny, thoughtful, and seemed to know exactly what we needed and when we needed it. Ashley was pretty much the same. She is about the nicest (& sincere) person you’ll ever meet and she was always making sure we were comfortable and that everything was just right. Both were around just the right amount of time – they definitely did not invade our space or time. The Bar staff, Jimmy & Louis were also great. They were attentive and we always had full drinks when we needed them. The owners & staff made VLB such a comfortable place that we referred to VLB as home during our stay. We literally spent about 80% of our time there because it was so fun and soooo relaxing.

Other reviewers have referred to the amazing breakfast and the Pina Coladas. I will echo those reviews. The breakfast was as good a breakfast as we have ever had. Curtis has combined his artistic nature with his love of food and it all comes together each morning. It’s hard to describe just how good (& unique) the breakfast was – think French toast soufflé and eggs done lasagna style. The Pina Colada’s were better than advertised. Nicole who can drink about ½ a glass of wine had close to 30 Pina’s during the week – they were that good. I promise you will be dreaming of coconut shavings. Another bonus is Curtis’s knowledge of the best food on the island. You’ve read it before but I’ll repeat it – you must go to Baseball Taco’s (you will go most nights I promise) and you must go to the Cuban Place and have the worlds best Mojitos and the best soup (fish soup) you will ever taste in your life.

VLB itself was just perfect. It was off the beaten path (but less than a 3 minute cab ride to downtown & beaches) so it was quiet yet still active. The rooms were clean & colorful, the pool was super comfortable and since no kids are allowed, the pool was very ‘clean’ if you no what I mean – plus Curtis uses some chemical/cleaner that is so good that there is no Chlorine smell at all – very nice! The hammocks & outdoor beds led to several naps a day and we both read a book or 2 each. Plus the late night lightening storms off in the distance were spectacular. Plus VLB attracts guest similar to us so we had great conversations, shared many many laughs, and ended up with some great friends during our stay (Mark & Barbara from SF – you are both awesome!!). Ask Curtis to teach you how to ‘shuck a Coconut’ – it’s an experience.

I could go on and on but the bottom-line is that we had such a great time at VLB that without a doubt we will be back (several times I suspect) and we will refer VLB to many of our friends. If you want a place that’s cool, fun, relaxing, great food, is sun-filled, non-touristy then this is the place. You will be so happy you didn’t stay at place in El Centro or the North Beach area – I guarantee it.

PS – thanks to Emily for referring VLB to us!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mxm1313
Reviewed 15 June 2007

My husband & I celebrated our 3rd anniversary at Villa Las Brisas in Isla Mujeres and we couldn't have been more thrilled with our stay. This B&B was absolutely beautiful--funky and ecclectic-- and the owners, Ashley and Curtis, were so warm, lovely and welcoming. They truly did their best to make everyone feel relaxed and at home in their home. The other positive write-ups have been accurate, just want to add a couple of our thoughts/ experiences.
The Honeymoon Suite: We splurged for this room and were so pleased with it. It is so beachy and funky, yet roomy, cozy and comfortable. And the views were worth the extra money-- from each of the 2 balconies, you had a beautiful view of the gorgeous turquoise ocean. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom accomodations were just fine, plenty of space to get ready--cool shower with a conch shell shower head.
The Pool: beautiful and refreshing, great place to relax and get a tan. And conveniently located next to the bar.
The Bar: Seriously, the BEST pina coladas, made with fresh coconut & shavings. I'm drooling thinking about it. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality.
The Breakfasts: Easily the best breakfasts we have ever had in a B&B (and we've easily stayed in over 25 all around the world). We enjoyed 2 gourmet quality breakfasts. The first day was this amazing french toast-like dish with syrup, nuts, and bacon and garnished with fresh banana and papaya. The next day we had an egg casserole dish with veggies, cheese and beans, served with grilled potatoes and fresh fruit garnish. And the coffee was delicious--the best we had in our week in Mexico. A breakfast of this quality in the US would easily cost you $30. Yet, this is included in the price. Ashley & Curtis have definitely spoiled us for all future B&B breakfasts.
We also enjoyed meeting and talking with the other guests over our yummy meal. This B&B seemed to attract friendly, kind people who know how to have a good time, yet also can kick back, relax and enjoy life.
The location: perfect for us! Quiet, relaxing, in a more "residential" section. And you are right on the water. If you absolutely need to be on a sandy beach, you're only a 5 min. max drive in a cab, for about $2. If you need to stay in the heart of the crazy, loud nightife, this is not the place for you. But again, you're only a $2 cab ride away from the restos & bars, so you can have the best of both worlds.
The Owners & Staff: absolutely wonderful, friendly and outgoing. And great source for information about Isla Mujeres and where to go/ things to do.
Our Recommendations:
Rent a golf cart--so much fun to tool around the island at your own pace, a great experience.
Shopping at Alessandro's place--beautiful, quality stuff & great deals for VLB guests. Curtis & Ashley can give you the location (& his exact name if I got that wrong).
Mojitos at Don Chepo's: the best I've ever had & a steal at the all-day long 2x1 for $4USD. Be careful--they're potent :) Great (& cheap) appetizers, too.
Drive around the whole island--it's too beautiful to describe with words.
Watch the locals in the town square, so many happy people , esp. the children.
Snorkeling near park garrafon: a fun way to spend an hour or so, relatively inexpensive. Maybe not the greatest snorkeling, but a fun experience.
Casa O's--had a disappointing meal, wish we would've followed friend's suggestion for the resto at Hotel Rolandi--which is said to be the best. View was pretty, though.
Note: this B&B is in the process of a name change, Villa Las Bella, but it's still the same place/ same people/ same paradise.
If you are the B&B type, appreciate relaxing in a beautiful, peaceful setting, you need to stay at VLB!
Thanks again to Ashley & Curtis & we hope to see you hasta pronto!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LisaBKoz
Reviewed 11 May 2007

My husband & I have stayed at VLB on many occasions and have had
nothing but the best hospitality!! Ashley & Curtis are 2 of the best people
we have EVER met. The staff is extremely helpful and just want to make
sure we have everything we ever needed. Ashley saved me by letting me
use her aloe for my sunburn...OUCH!!! VLB is nothing but the BEST!! Their
home is the most spectacular place we have ever been. We will always
recomment VLB to all of our friends..I miss Ashley & Curtis already and
we just got home last night.

Stayed: April 2007