“Gorgeous coastal getaway”
Sweiming pool
Hanging bed by pool
Pool Tanning bed & swim up bar
Tennis court
Rainbow in front of the house
Cliffs in front of house
Isla Mujeres
Casa de Las Cupulas Location
Covered Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jeff E
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Gorgeous coastal getaway”
Reviewed 6 April 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Wow, I had such a great time staying here. The view from the breakfast patio out to the ocean was breathtaking. It was such a refreshing moment to wake in the morning, stroll out front to relax in the sights with a cup of fresh coffee and a plate of breakfast.

Speaking of the food, it was very delicious. The chef, Amira, took amazing care of us, providing a variety of wonderful food and answering questions about recipes I'll be trying at home!

The owner was very informative about nearby things and accommodating to our requests.

Jason K
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful and relaxing vacation”
Reviewed 5 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

My fiancee and I returned to Casa De Las Cupulas and had a terrific time. The food and accommodations were again excellent - we love the cactus dish Amara makes! There's a great atmosphere to the house and its cleanliness and design make staying there feel special.

This time we rented a golf cart downtown, which allowed us to explore all parts of the island and see all the different activities going on there. As when we previously stayed, the house served as a comfortable base for adventures to the nearby ruins and sculpture park, bars and restaurants, and beautiful beaches.

Our trips to Isla and stays at the house have been a wonderful respite from cold winters in the north!

maryecarr
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“You absolutely must stay at this Villa”
Reviewed 4 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Give yourself a real treat and spend at least one week at this beautiful Villa.
You will feel as if you are in Paradise. If you are smart you will make this an annual vacation. A heated pool, palace like Villa, tennis court and even a cook at your disposal if interested. I was in heaven the whole time.

charliebu...
Nashville, Tennessee
“Perfect Paradise”
Reviewed 16 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

My wife and I spent a week in Isla at Casa de las Cupulas over the New Year holiday. This vacation could not have been anymore perfect.

David, the owner, was a joy to work with and his attention to detail is unparalleled. We appreciated all his efforts in coordinating our arrival and organizing the meals prepared daily by Amira and staff. Knowing that David was available for anything we needed was a great comfort throughout the week. He is so willing to go out of his way to make sure you have the best experience possible, all of his recommendations were spot on!

Amira and staff could not have been better, they were so cheerful and a joy to be around. That joy was translated into some of the the best food we've ever eaten. Fresh juice and fruit in the mornings followed by the best eggs we have ever eaten, light and fluffy! Highly recommend the scrambled eggs with chaya. Lunch was equally as impressive, loved the shrimp ceviche, Cupulas salad, salsa, fresh quacamole and pico. Our favorite takeaway on the food...other than the incredible flavors...was how substantial every meal was without being heavy. Each meal left us energized and ready for the day. Thank you Amira!

As many have stated, the pictures while beautifully done...do not come close to portraying how spectacular this home is. Just breathtaking inside and out. From floor to ceiling, Casa de las Cupulas is a masterpiece. We spent most of our days relaxing in and around the pool. The great thing about the pool is that it is partially shaded by the palapa allowing you relief from the sun without having to get out of the pool. The pool is especially refreshing after some time on the tennis court. The outdoor hanging bed and hammocks are a perfect place to read or take a nap.

At night we would venture into town on the golf cart we rented for the week. Great way to explore the island and take in the views of the ocean. We really had a great time eating at the local restaurants and shopping on Hidalgo street.

Casa de las Cupulas has it all! We are so thankful for the memories we made and look forward to making more in this perfect paradise!

Ross L
“Best Accomodations I've Ever Experienced”
Reviewed 13 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

My wife and our best friends (a husband and wife) have taken a New Year's beach trip annually for the past ten years. As this was the 10-year anniversary of our trip, we elected to do something we believed to be a bit unconventional for us (a visit to Isla Mujeres to stay in this wonderful home).

David, the owner, had provided great information in advance of our visit to enable us to get from the airport to the island and the home. Our transport to the island was seamless despite our group speaking zero Spanish. Upon arrival to Isla, we were immediately amazed at both its beauty and the unique flavor of the island (much different than places we'd previously visited in Mexico). We immediately made our way to the home.

Upon arrival at the home, we were absolutely blown away. While the published photos are very well done, images simply can't capture the beauty of this place (inside the home, on the grounds, and throughout the island). As a design professional, I was amazed at the attention to detail in the structure's architecture. The structure itself is truly unlike anything I'd ever previously experienced....stunning.

What followed our arrival was several days of absolute bliss. We explored the island (which is beautiful), we played tennis, we relaxed by the pool (which has a swim-up bar), shopped in the local markets, watched sunsets, ate some of the best food I've ever eaten (Amira is unbelievable), and left truly feeling recharged and ready to take on the new year. It should be noted that prior to our experience in this home, I was a bit nervous as I'm a very conservative eater. Those concerns proved to be completely unfounded as I truly enjoyed everything that Amira prepared (I'll say it again, she's unbelievable).

If I could rate every category of our stay, I'd give everything 5 stars...the island, the staff, the ownership, the food, the home. We will without question return to Isla Mujeres and the Casa de las Cupulas. We can't wait until our next visit!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing