“Quaint little coffee paradise”

Aluxes Coffee House
Ranked #79 of 258 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Aluxes is a lovely little place just off of the main Hidalgo Av. Perfect spot to grab a cup of joe (real coffee). They also have home made banana bread that was just perfect to grab a slice and head to the beach.

Their dinner menu was very enticing and I wish we hadn't run out of time to go and try a few things. Will be back for sure!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I was after a good cup of coffee to start my day but at a better price than what was on the main drag and was pleasantly surprised to stubble upon Aluxes Bar and Grill. Not only to find espresso at 35 pesos VS 80 elsewhere (way better tasting too) but to meet the most warm welcoming people. David, resident of Isla Mujeres for over 20 years originally lived in Baja California - so if your Spanish isn't up to par he is more than happy to speak with you In English. I was captivated by his story of how he fell in love with a beautiful señorita who he now calls his wife, making Isla Mujeres his home. David gave us recommendations on some great places to eat and the scoop on where the locals go, as well as rough prices to pay for excursions so we knew we weren't over paying. I only hope to return one day soon to still find him there - as well as his friend Ivan. Please go visit them - you will eat and drink well, the conversation will never run dry!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

my wife and I were doing the golf cart thing on isla and got caught in a tropical down pour. we ducked in and spent an hour in a scene out of a movie. eating, talking to complete strangers, and being entertained by the owner. great food, drink and surreal feeling. a great experience.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Very lovely people, amazing service, delicious food and the best margaritas and lemonade in Mexico made fresh.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The food here was incredible. We stopped in one night for dessert and tried the stuffed shrimp because it looked so good. It was fantastic, then we had key lime pie with our Spanish coffee and Margaritas which David made perfectly. Ivonn, the chef told us about some of his other dishes, so we came back the next night and had the fresh clam and shrimp pasta. It was outstanding. My only complaint is we found this place near the end of our stay, and couldn't enjoy it more. I would definitely recommend this place. The location is just off the main strip of restaurants.

Date of visit: March 2018