“Yummy neighborhood restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: The Best Quesadillas in the
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here one night - It's a neighborhood restaurant that isn't too big but we got a table right away. They start you off with chips and 4 different salsas - COMPLIMENTARY - so good! Then we ordered the Arrechera Quesadillas (their signature meat) and the Enchiladas de Suiza and a Coca Cola Light. All for 190 pesos - its a steal and all so very good! Service was fast and friendly! Check them out - there were lots of families there as well so the kiddos will be happy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We kept hearing people rave about this little hole in the wall so decided to try it and am so glad we did. My new favorite thing in all of Isla is now Arrachera tacos! My husband had the chicken fajitas and for the first time in history he ate the rice. (He hates rice!) But he said it was so good he cleaned his plate. The family here is so sweet too!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

First and last time at this place. Ordered Filet Minion rare, came out well done. My guest ordered the same thing, his was even more cooked than mine. The steak itself was about 1/2 inch thick. Vegetables were undercooked. so no not going back.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My bride and I asked our bartender at Zoetry where to go for dinner where the locals go and he recommended this place. We ordered the chicken nachos and let the waiter pick anything but beef for our entree. The nachos were amazing with the jalapeños and avocado. He brought us out a cutting board with lobster, white fish, shrimp, and octopus with a side of linguine with broccoli and carrots. We devoured the meal and were happy as can be. Everything was beyond delicious and the service was spectacular. I highly recommend this and will go back every time on Isla Mujeres

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I’ve been to Isla Mujeres several times over the years and I was really happy to find Basto’s Grill this past trip and only wish I had discovered it before! Basto’s Grill suited us perfectly as we were looking for something simple, local, with reasonable prices, not too touristy and of course good food. The menu is quite extensive and portions were just right (well, depending on what you’re used to I suppose). I am not really much of a red meat or steak person but I absolutely loved their arrachera, which was so tender, full of flavour and char-grilled goodness. In fact, if all beef was like that, I’d be a carnivore. The mixed fajitas and shrimp were wonderful too. Service was nice and friendly. It is obviously a family-run business and there are ceiling fans instead of aircon, but all of this I consider to be a plus!