“wow: best pita in the world / la mejor pita en el mundo”

Pita Amore Isla Mujeres
Ranked #13 of 240 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: USD 4 - USD 6
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Pita Amore - A unique fusion of Mediterranean and Mexican cuisine, prepared with love, on a family-secret pita bread. Chino, vegetarian, chicken and beef and beef with egg ommelet. Nicely basted with a pesto, grilled to perfection on a plancha. Topped of with the secrets of our French Culinary Institute of New York Graduate Chef Ricardo.This food is addictive - a single visit just doesn't cut it. Unbelievable to find this quality of food in Isla Mujeres near Cancun Quintana Roo Mexico.
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I love this place, best pita and flan in the world! when I travel to isla mujeres, the first thing I do, is going to Pita Amore, always! Luis and Ricky (the owner) are so friendly - feeling like home here! I could eat at Pita Amore every day/night! :)

1  Thank Christa C

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Order the chicken pita and be sure and try the habanero pepper drizzle...not to worry...it's not as hot as you would think...I would know because I am a HUGE spice sissy! The drizzle is mixed with olive oil and I think lemon juice. The is place is great but they do not have drinks other than water, so you can carry in your own beer or whatever.

If this place was in one of those little trendy food trucks in Austin TX this guy would really be racking in the bucks...it is that good and that different!

We really wanted to go back before we left the island but just did not have the time.

This is a must try place!

1  Thank tricklic
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Decided to try this place because of all the reviews. It is a real hole in the wall, not the cleanest. Let's say it has a lot of character inside!! I have had several pitas on the isla and paid more for both but the quality of those were far superior. I don't think I would go back as there are many better places on the isla. I guess though, if you are on a real tight budget this place is ok for the price. Try Olivia or Conoma for better taste and much larger servings.

1  Thank Coach72
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We visit here often every trip that we make to the Island. The owner and his employee Luis can cook up a mean pita and they have a fabulous Fruit Flan. They always welcome you and treat each customer like they are so special. Love Pita Amore. Very unique.

1  Thank annealendal
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Fantastic food had to go back the next day and try a different pita wonderfull flavors opens at 12 am closes at 10 pm and you can write on the walls thousands of people have left messages

1  Thank IslaTraveler