“Strange Atmosphere ”

Satay Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 251 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The perfectly conceived restaurant, located inside the hotel Specialties: Thai & Oriental cuisine Open for dinner (reservation required) Hours: From 6pm to 10.00 pm
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I don’t know what to say about this place. I’ve been to Privilege Aluxes over a dozen times and this restaurant is a mystery to me. It has excellent food and is beautiful. Back when the hotel first opened it had friendly staff and was as fun as the rest of the facility at the resort. In the last 3-4 years I’ve seen a wave of pretentiousness spread . I don’t think it’s the workers who have created it, I think it’s the corporate Spanish company that involves themselves in trying to “class up the joint”, but all they end up doing is “klassing” it! They force the staff to act odd to guests and force strange rules that make no sense . I hope the family of staff that are so gracious, sweet, and innocent of Privilege corporate can put their personal “Mayan” touch on this lovely resort and beautiful island before over run with Europeans.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant is part of Privilege Aluxes resort but I believe it is open to the public. We have eaten here a number of times over the years and once again, Satay did not disappoint! Creative, flavorful dishes with fresh ingredients & stunning presentation. Try the tempura sushi (yes, it’s fabulous) and the miso soup is very authentic. On our 2nd visit to Satay on this year’s vacation, my mother-in-law ordered TWO of the skewered prawn appetizer (she loved it so much!). The salmon is absolutely amazing. Eating here is part of what makes our time on Isla so special. Warning: portions used to be quite small but this is no longer the case! I personally wish they’d go back to smaller servings so I’d have room to try more things! Reservations are limited in order to ensure the chef/s have ample time to carefully craft each dish by hand. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Ate here every other night, I recommend the chicken teriyaki and the spring rolls. I also had the sparkling red wine (sweet).

Privilege A, Social Media at Satay Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate you sharing your experience at Satay during your stay! Would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

The restaurant very quiet and the food good but not great. When you stay all inclusive it is hard to get a reservation here. You have to ask on the first day of your trip. When we arrived there were only two other couples there. It seems they want to cater to customers that will pay so they don't allow many of the all inclusive guests to eat here.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere along with some very good food. We enjoyed the appetizer Shrimp and entree was Grouper. I definitely recommend you try it at least once during your stay