“Great drinks, food and atmosphere”

Restaurant La Lomita
Ranked #41 of 257 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: On Juarez, south of Avenue Allende; two blocks south of the Catholic church
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

we chose this place on our first night in Mujeres, not expecting much as it was quiet and tucked away from the main streets. Instead, the service was brilliant - they all but re-opened the restaurant for us as it was very late. They even brought out a radio to play us music. We had enchiladas and the beef stuffed chile. Both were very tasty and satisfying. The drinks were also phenomenal - both the margheritas and mojitos were the best we had on the island. When we walked past another night, the owner recognised us and invited us in again. We were given copious chips and dips, despite only stopping for a drink. An overall great and very authentic feeling experience, more than worth a visit if you want some time away from the busier or more cliched places on the island.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We found La Lomita on accident searching for a dinner place that was open late. Tucked away behind the hotels south of the port, it was the one establishment my mother and I visited multiple times. It is authentic, cheap, and best of all delicious!!

Steer clear of the tourist trap restaurants on the shopping streets where everything is bland and overpriced. Get the shrimp suiza enchiladas or the Yucatán conch or the chuleta (seasoned pork chop) at la Lomita and you will get a real Mexican experience with twice the flavor punch for half the price. The margaritas are strong and tart and the servers are all lovely people.

Not much English is spoken but it is not needed, the menu is low risk since everything is so tasty. Point to an item and enjoy!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I had really looked forward to having dinner at La Lomita after seeing so many good reviews. I had the chile relleno which I thought was a safe bet as many had commented that it was terrific. Perhaps I caught them on an off night but it was so under cooked, I had to use a knife and fork, the pepper tasted like it had not been cooked at all and the filling was bland, just lots of cheese and not much chicken. I loved the intimate authentic atmosphere but I'm not sure I would return. Too many other places to try!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at Zoetry Villa Rolandi and were disappointed with the restaurants. We asked a hotel employee where we could get great (not good) Mexican food. He sent us to La Lomita. What a wonderful surprise! Quaint, immaculate and cozy. The food was out if this world and the prices unbelievably inexpensive. It must be a well known “secret” as taxis kept stopping to let off diners. We had grilled octopus, Chile relleno and enchiladas suizas. This was the best Mexican food we have ever eaten. So sorry that we found this little gem on our last night on the island! We would have loved to check out more delicious menu items.

1  Thank Joann H
Reviewed 26 August 2018

This place is absolutely amazing! The food is great! The price is great! The service is great! Me and my girlfriend spent just under a week in Isla Mujeres and it was by far our favorite place! I highly, HIGHLY recommend eating there at least once! They even give you a nice complementary one of a kind soup as an extra bonus.