“Huge Chile Relleno”

Ranked #40 of 252 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner
Description: On Juarez, south of Avenue Allende; two blocks south of the Catholic church
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Read about the Chile Relleno's had to try. They were big and very good. But not the best we have ever had by any means. Nice that the restaurant is off the beaten path. Great Lemonada.
Would return but might want to try something else. Service was good and friendly.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

We went to La Lomita for breakfast and were not disappointed. Huevos rancheros and an omelette: big portions and very tasty.
The place is decorated inside and outside with large coloured flowers, making it really quirky and beautiful.
We kept wanting to go back but didn't get a chance to. Will have to return to Isla mujeres soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I have been going to this family run restaurant since the early 90s and always had great food. The fried whole fish and the mole is delicious. It's a short walk from the main square, easy to find. Every time I return to the island I am so glad it is still open.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I'm really torn on this review, as the first time I went to this restaurant I (and the rest of my party) thought the food was awesome, drinks were great, and all felt we should come back again during our visit. Which we did. Now we're sorry for that. The second time, the first thing we noticed was that there was a different cook (this is a very small establishment and you can see right into the kitchen). Don't know if this second is their regular cook, or if the first was (I'm hoping it's the first), because with the second, the food was super salty and some plates weren't finished cooking.

I didn't catch the cooks' names, however, the first one was a guy, and the second was a lady. The lady also did not bother with the attention to plate detail and garnish that the guy did.

After the first visit, I was ready to rate this place a 5 (obviously I thought it was good as we went back), but the second rated closer to a 2. The drink sizes were *much* smaller in additional to the food issues I already mentioned. Additionally, the second time, the guy that had been waiting on us decided he was done working and left right as we were wanting our check. This left the girls in the kitchen working for about 10 minutes to figure out what our total was.

I can't say I've had a more Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde dining experience before.

2  Thank Brandon H
Reviewed 23 June 2016

This was one of our favorite local restaurants in Isla Mujeres hands down. The Chile Relleno was hands down the best I've ever tasted!!! Highly recommended!