“Just what the Dr. Ordered”

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Spent 5 days over a long weekend at the Villa Rolandi and it was amazing. This was my first time in Isla Mujeres even though I had been to the Mayan Riviera several times.

The staff is fantastic, front desk was very professional and handled everything, including the complex transfers to get back, they were on top of everything and I can't say enough. The Wait staff is also top notch, especially the pool staff who were attentive but never intrusive.

The restaurant is probably the best on the island and is great.

The resort is not all-inclusive, but it handled everything, including my scuba diving. No paying outside vendors, the resort pays them for you and adds it to the bill. It was a little pricey, but the dive boat comes right to the resort to pick you up.

The Hotel is quiet, clean, and everything one could want. Not too crowded, great service, and spectacular scenery.

Having it's own yacht to come and go to Cancun is also very nice.

The hotel is outside of town, so be prepared to take a taxi or rent a golf cart to get to town. Also there is not a lot of nightlife (not a bad thing in my opinion). So you must go into town for that.

3  Thank Marty W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,466)

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Villa Rolandi is an absolutely lovely experience.Not particularly because of the location or the physical plant of the hotel itself (which are both very nice by the way) but rather because of the INCREDIBLE STAFF and their attentive attitude towards each guest. There is a genuine concern for the guests that reads in the magazine worthy dining experience , the architectually beautiful rooms (esp. on the third floor), and the great service at every request. My husband and I were there for three nights the week before Easter needing nothing but peace and relaxation....Villa Rolandi helped accomplish that and then some! If you are looking for a sweet and gentle place to relax I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank packedpat
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This resort had service beyond compare. After the first day my wife and I were addressed by name from everyone we had come in contact with that worked at the resort. Since there are only 35 suites, it seems like you have the entire resort to yourself. The beach nor the pool were ever crowded and we always were able to find lounge chairs.
The owner of the resort is a chef and therefore the food is excellent. The ceviche was as fresh as I have tasted and the pasta dishes are beyond compare.
When we were lounging by the pool we asked for some snacks that were not on the menu and they complied without hesitation.
We have been going to the Yucatan since the late 1970's and this will most assuredly be on our list of places to revisit.

1  Thank yayho
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I highly recommend Hotel Villa Rolandi! My husband and I recently visited and spent a week here to celebrate our anniversary. It is a quiet island but has a fun and active downtown away from the resort if you want to have more acitivity from time to time. The hotel is small and beautiful. We were greeted with a mimosa upon our arrival and then taken to our room. It had a full ocean view that was great to wake up to every morning. The beach is small so we didn't spend a ton of time there but the pools (3 of them) are perfect and there is always a place to sit - you never have to rush out to find chairs. The food is very good - try the whole fish cooked in salt. It was, and I kid not, the best fish I have ever eaten in my life. I would not recommend doing the all-inclusive because, while the food is great, we had a great time visiting a few other places on the island as well. You can rent a golf cart through the hotel for $75 for 24 hours. We ended up going into town and negotiating at a lower rate to have one the whole week. Either way you do it - it is really nice to have the golf cart the whole time. Gives you the flexibility to spend time all around the island. The staff is really great. Very nice, friendly and attentive. We did find that the service in the restaurant, while great, could take some time, but if you are relaxing and not on a timetable, not a problem. I would definitely go back to Villa Rolandi. A perfect vacation - just what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chitwntrvlgal
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I stayed for a 5 night getaway the 3rd week of March 2012. We had viewed this resort 2 years ago while on a golf cart excursion, and thought it would be a great destination in the future. We were spot on--it was beautiful, and just what we were looking for!

The pools, beach, food and service were very good. We wanted a location that was small, intimate--a much needed contrast to our hectic lives. We were impressed with the food--the breakfast was filling and delicious .The snacks and drinks on the beach and around pool were great -- with attentive staff ( especially Sergio). We enjoyed dining at the restaurant two evenings, and took advantage of the meal plan, which was no more expensive than what we would pay in our area for a nice meal.
Places to try on island include Limon in Colonia La Gloria ( a short cab from resort). It was fab! The best place for freshly caught fish is BallyHoos in the main town right on the harbour. We went to Zama beach club for lunch one day--cool ambiance, but aweful food! We had eaten there on our last trip and it was much better (we heard that it had changed hands since then).

The room and view were very nice--we were on 3rd floor. The shower doors are in need of an update.

We rented a golf cart one day from the resort, which by the time you pay a cab back and forth, is about the same as renting in town. The island has so much to offer--from shopping to great food and amazing photo opportunities !! We went all over and never felt unsafe........

The only concern I had was that on the day of our departure, the Yacht was out of commisssion. We were not informed of this. We questioned the front desk after we saw other patrons leaving in a very small boat--less than half the size of the large Cocoon. We I am not good on boats to begin with, but luckily it was a calm day and I survived!