“Serenity”

Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 14 March 2012

It has been nearly a year since my boyfriend and I stayed here, but after a vacation at an all-inclusive, I think I'm actually able to give a better review!

Villa Rolandi was a spectacular getaway (and it was away from almost everything). The service was incredible from beginning to end, and our room was huge and beautiful. I loved the shower with two heads; the nice, clean, big, soft bed; and the pools were marvelous, too!! When we went last April, there was hardly anyone else there, which was SO relaxing. We definitely didn't have to fight over chairs, and the pool was nice and quiet. Waiters take your drink orders poolside, too, and the prices are reasonable.

Breakfast is included every morning -- you can even get complimentary room service! -- and it is delicious. I had huevos rancheros multiple times and it was filling and yummy.

The ONLY downsides to this hotel: the food at other meals is expensive. My boyfriend and I had one dinner here because we couldn't really afford to eat there any more than that. One day I considered having lunch at the hotel, but a salad was about $20 US. I don't think this will really be an issue for most people; the only reason I could afford this hotel in the first place is because I got a great deal :) Zama beach club is about 5-10 minutes down the road where my boyfriend and I hung out a couple. We also had lunch there once- the octopus tacos were out of this world and a good price!

Also, this hotel is far away from everything. There were times I wished we were right downtown in the heart of things, but that would've ultimately taken away from the experience. As many others have said, taxis are affordable, and I ABSOLUTELY recommend renting a golf cart at least one day. It was about $75 for 24 hours when we were there, but riding it around the island was one of the best days of our vacation!

Overall, it was a great stay. I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again :)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank letssgetlost

Reviewed 12 March 2012

The restuarant at Villa Rolandi is beyond excellent. They make the experience one to always remember without taking your last peso. Check out the Chefs specials which are amazing. This last week I had the shrimp wrapped in bacon with goat cheese and my partner the pork. Absolutely amazing.

If you are staying in Cancun - inquire about the hotel's private boat that will pick you up and take you to dinner. Makes an evening to remember.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I recently stayed at Villa Rolandi. While it is a lovely place, it is not as nice as most are rating it. I would give it 3.5 stars, definitely not a 4-star hotel. Rooms are disappointing in that they are run down and dated. Built-in cabinets are cheaply constructed. Sofa is old and worn. We have been having issues with the toilet running, but it is sporadic.There are some positives. Mattress is comfortable with exceptionally soft linens. Bathroom linens are also remarkably soft. Shower is fantastic. The balcony is private with a hot tub. And the view is great. The pool areas are nice. Nothing fancy. The beach, as many have commented, is small, but beautifully private and quiet. The included breakfast is great; although, my travel companion got food poisoning from something consumed at breakfast. No question food poisoning and we hadn't eaten anywhere other than the restaurant at that point in the trip. Service is friendly and exceptional. Overall, lovely place but I will venture to new 4-star+ locations on my next time to Mexico. This one isn't worthy of a repeat visit for me.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Smander2
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The Villa Rolandi is set in a beautiful site and the rooms are more than generous in size. Additionally the food served in the restaurant was exceptionally good. We were lucky to have the full breakfast included in our nightly rate and all of the entries were wonderful. We ate dinner at the Villa’s restaurant two nights and it was the best food of our entire trip. However, the hotel service was quite inconsistent. Due to a change in our itinerary we asked if we could stay an additional night upon check in. We were told that they would get right back to us. We asked again the next day and were told it looked like a room was available and they’d let us know. We asked AGAIN the 3rd day and finally we were able to confirm the extra night. It really shouldn’t be that hard to get an answer! Turn down service was to be every night yet we only experienced it on our last night. We also had to ask to have our room cleaned one day…a minor but irritating detail. The front desk was well staffed but not warm or particularly gracious. The other service related issue we had was the insufficient quantity of lounge chairs around the main pool. At $400 a night I don’t expect to have to get up early to sneak out to the pool to leave some belongings to reserve a chair. I believe this can bring out the worst in people! There were 2 beautiful pools and a large whirlpool but there were lounge chairs only around the one pool or down on the beach. Why not lounge chairs around both pools and enough for all? We had been to Villa Rolandi 6 years ago and the service was superb…but this was quite a disappointment. You go to a luxury hotel and pay the higher amount for seamless peaceful service…this was not seamless but aggravating in its aggregate.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

After the glowing reviews on TA, a friend and I knew that we would most likely enjoy our recent week at Hotel Villa Rolandi. But we did not know that we would be so happy there that we would spend many days at the pool and every evening in the restaurant!

All staff were genuinely friendly and went all out to see that our every wish was granted. The garden and pools were really lovely; the meals and drinks reasonably priced by California standards, and delicious. The room was comfortable with a sitting area, small terrace, and good sized bathroom.

Highlight was a snorkel trip arranged by the hotel through Casa del Buceo for $55. Our experienced guide Enrique took us up towards the light house and we saw numerous types of angel fish, cow fish, puffers, trunk fish, damsel fish, octopi, squid, stars, lion fish, barracuda, grouper and much more. Enrique and the captain heaved my aging bod in and out of the water very satisfactorily, as I had been quite worried about how I'd manage it. (There is no decent from-shore snorkeling in Isla.)

Looking forward to a return trip to join all the other returnees who are hooked on Hotel Villa Rolandi.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
12.0 km away
Le Blanc Spa Resort
Le Blanc Spa Resort
#1 of 177 in Cancun

Been to Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres Cancun? Share your experiences!