“A breakfast to remember”
Review of Cafe Mogagua

Cafe Mogagua
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Isla Mujeres
Price range: USD 1 - USD 13
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon Cafe Mogagua. We actually stopped for breakfast because we saw their sign for bagels but once we saw the menu, there were no bagels being ordered!

We had orange juice. I've never jad more delicious orange juice. I had eggs with tomatoes and pancakes and my husband had a waffle and breakfast burrito.

Quiet place, service was great, food was amazing.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This is my go-to place for a cold glass of wine and people watching in the evenings, and a great frap in the mornings.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Everything we ordered was not prepared to order. It came out cold. It was remedied by using a microwave. Gross. Substandard fare.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We have eaten here in the past and enjoyed it. We came back to the island with our grown children and brought them to some of our favorite places to eat and this was one of them. We were very disappointed with the food quality. The service was not good at all and it was expensive in comparison to some of the other wonderful places we ate on the island. I don't give negative reviews often, you can check out my other reviews and see they are mainly five star as was this place the last time I reviewed it but I will probably not be back after our last trip. My son ordered a stuffed chicken dish and when it was brought it looked so bad he said he was hoping it wasn't his. The only good thing about this experience was that I laughed so hard I cried at my sons face when he got his horrible looking meal. No meal should be a shade of that green. I also was sad about my latte I ordered that was barely warm. Our bill was one of the highest we had on this trip and by far the most disappointing meal of the trip.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The quality of food is not compromised by being on a small island -- it very high quality with fresh fruits, vegetables and fish. Mogagua's hamburgers are excellent as are their pizzas. The service is excellent and so friendly. You can nurse a cup of coffee all afternoon and just enjoy the slightly hippie atmosphere and the parade of day tourists walking past. And don't pass up the huge and excellent tiramisu cake.