“Best Chilaquiles Ever”
Review of North Garden

North Garden
Ranked #2 of 253 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: USD 1 - USD 8
Description: We are an open air restaurant with a natural atmosphere with a great variety of fresh dishes and for all tastes.
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I decided to go to North Garden after reading positive reviews on Trip Advisor. It is very popular, as it was about an 8-10 minute wait to get in even at 9:30 am, but we were informed that they are constructing an expansion to prevent waits in the future! The first day we went the service was fairly slow due to the amount of customers in the restaurant, but we still felt well-looked after. The second day we went, service was quick and precise. The prices are very good considering the quality of the food. I always order chilaquiles for breakfast and have tried them at many different restaurants. I honestly thought the chilaquiles at North Garden were the best I've ever had. They come with a good amount of quality cheese, onion, cilantro, and crema. What really made them stand out was the fact that the eggs were cooked to perfection. They were soft, with no hard, greasy edges like those that can occur from frying. One can also add shrimp if he/she wants, which is something I haven't seen before. It should be noted that the chilaquiles at North Garden are red and there is no option to order green. Servers are friendly and speak perfect English and Spanish. We liked that the restaurant had espresso as well as a variety of fresh juices. Also, the style of the restaurant is very cute and trendy. Keep in mind it is an open air restaurant though, so it can be pretty warm, although most tables are shaded. Highly recommend!! After we left the island, this restaurant was one of the things we kept missing and talking about!

1  Thank KaijaS24

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Food you could probably find at home. All in all it wasn’t bad, but no where close to the best on the island. Just a little disappointed after seeing all of the great reviews by everyone else. Definitely a place designed for tourists.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

This place has good reviews online so tried it for lunch. The good news - it looked liked everyone else at our table had great seafood dishes, but I chose the fajitas, and I was disappointed. The fajitas were supposed to be chicken and beef, which was there but in small quantities. But about 80% of the plate was grilled peppers and onions - not what I was expecting. Everyone else raved about their meal, so I chose the wrong one - but plan to try the place again in the future for breakfast.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

We were lucky enough to stay right across the street from the North Garden. It was the first place we ate and nothing else topped it for service and quality. I hope they will be open for dinner on our return visits.

1  Thank TNSANDMAN
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We found this place on the way to the beach and it's like a little oasis to escape the heat. We have eaten here 4 times now and the food is wonderful. It's fresh and the flavours are superb and beautifully presented. The staff are attentive and friendly, we will be back many times during our stay on the island. Neale and Karen

1  Thank spainsantamaria