“Hotel Carmelina, what a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Carmelina Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Carmelina Hotel
Ranked #25 of 40 Isla Mujeres B&B and Inns
vancouver
“Hotel Carmelina, what a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Ok, so I was staying at The Hotel Bucaneros, 2 days too long, on Isla Mujeres, I needed to change hotels. I met a couple whom I got talking to, and told them about my terrible hotel experience I was having there. They said too me, you gotta check out our hotel, we have been going there for the last 15 years, it is nothing fancy, but it is clean, comfortable, pleasant, friendly, and inexpensive. I thought great, sounds what I am looking for. I went and checked it out, and booked myself in.
I had a single room, dbl bed, the room was small, but it was clean and comfortable, and really, it was even more than what I was looking for. It had a new fridge, TV, A/C, as well as a fan overhead of the bed, toilet, shower,(with lots of hot water), and sink. It was bright and airy, I could open the windows, and it felt very safe. The staff are great, a friendly family affair. I met other people that had been coming back to this hotel for years, who had watched the children there, grow up.
Really inexpensive, I paid M$350 a night. If I was going to go back to Isla Mujeres, this is were I would stay, and I highly recommend it to anyone else. It is close to everything, but then everything is close on Isla Mujeres.
If you are looking for it, the address is: Guerrero No.14 Isla Mujeres
Ph#[--]

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank jake333Vancouver

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Powell, Wy.
Reviewed 14 November 2009

This is a comfortable, no-frills hotel in the downtown area, less than 5 minutes walk from Playa Norte and the rocky shore on east side of isla. It is family-owned; the owners speak enough English to get by. If you are more of a traveller rather than a tourist seeking packaged glamour, this is probably a good inexpensive, clean, very adequate choice. I had a room on the second floor with a comfortable queen bed, mini fridge, TV, hot and cold water, and coffee available at front desk in morning. The hotel is painted white and lavender, giving it a cheery Caribbean feel. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank WyoGretchen
Minneapolis
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Oh boy, this is a tough one because I know the other rooms were better than ours. But larger, I'm not sure. We made reservations here because of some good reviews we'd seen online, and we got the last room. Apparently there is a new wing and an old wing--we were obviously in the old wing. Yes, it had great A/C and a fridge but with 2 people in the room it was difficult to even move around. The bathroom was so small you had to turn sideways to close the door. We thought we didn't have any cold water at the sink but then discovered that it had been turned off at the wall to avoid dripping. The sink area was in such bad shape I thought for sure a chunk of it was going to crack off. There were no side tables or reading lamps by the bed. There was a small desk & chair and some narrow shelves for storing your stuff. We were shown another larger room but it was dark and seemed overpriced. We prefer small, local run hotels but feel there are some much needed improvements for this particular room (#16).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wherewillwego

Travellers are raving about these Isla Mujeres hotels

lj
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We stayed there for 6 nights (we planned for 4:). Location is very good (5 min to the store, 5min to the restaurant/bar street and 5-10 min to the beach, depends on which beach you're going to), I think all rooms has AC now, also a fan and fridge. It was very clean, bathroom and room cleaned every day & towels changed also. We enjoyed it!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2008

Nice little budget hotel in downtown Isla Mujeres. They were nice enough to store our baggage behind the counter on the last day so my mom and I could tour around before leaving in the afternoon for the airport in Cancun. No a/c in our room, but fan worked fine and there was a mini fridge in the room. Great price and nothing to complain about. You can check out the photos we took.

• Liked — No hassles, great price
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family