“Good Fish, Huge Margarita”

Bally Hoo Restaurant & Fish Tacos
Ranked #45 of 258 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: USD 80 - USD 200
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Located on the sea level in the unique blue-turquoise beaches in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico. Come and enjoy with us for a healthy breakfast to a delicious dinner overlooking the sea. A place where you can enjoy our catch of the day, as well as our selection of steaks, famous margaritas Bally-Hoo and an extensive menu, from where you can find tickets to specialty dishes. Our experience supports us in service since 2003. Bally-Hoo Isla Mujeres the best choice on the island Ask about our special Margaritas: Traditional, Mango, Isla Mujeres and the house specialty "Margarita Bally-Hoo."
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We stopped here for a mid-afternoon snack and got the fish and chips. Very yummy and hit the spot. The wanted to know if I wanted a small or medium margarita so I said medium, holy buckets, that's about what size it was. Took two of us to finish. Overall, great place to eat and great place to watch daytrippers coming and going. Would definitely go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The freshest fish the best Herradura margaritas, I can eat and drink here every night!. Since the sport fishing boats dock here the best fish on the island at a great price. Have a Cadillac Herradura Margarita, a large one and your done.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for a late lunch. We ordered margaritas. They asked if we wanted the large or the medium. The large was enormous and we opted for the medium. The medium were also large, which would be nice if they tasted good, but they were far too sweet and were $11 each. We would normally order a 2nd round but these weren’t worth it.

We got the guacamole to start which was very good. I ordered the fish and chips (grouper) and my wife got the shrimp tacos. The fish was a good portion and tasted good but a bit too greasy. The fries were ok but could have used newer oil. My wife says the shrimp tacos were average.

The best part of our time here was the people watching. The entrance to the public marina goes right through the restaurant. All sorts of people and families coming and going to their boats and excursions.

If a cold beer, guacamole and people watching is something you like I would recommend stopping in.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Took a short golf cart ride from our hotel to bally hoo after hearing great reviews! We prelooked at the menu before we fully decided to come here and decided that we were going to split the lobster and fillet mignon or the lobster and fish plate. My boyfriend was set on the fillet mignon but when the waiter said he recommended getting the fish but instead of it being grilled to get the fish fried. He also said that the fish they had fresh right now was grouper so it would be fried grouper. We decided to take his recommendation and WOW! We were glad we did! The lobster was slightly over cooked but the garlic butter and shrimp were good. The plate of food was around 50 USD and we also were able to get 2 glasses of wine with the meal. Since we aren't big wine drinkers he subbed the wine for 2 margaritas. We got to have a seat by the water and were able to watch the sunset. All in all a good dinner.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

A little difficult to find, but the experience was well worth it. Grouper was out of this world. Margarita with Tamarind was strong. Jorge, our waiter, even gave us a parting shot. I'll be back in December and I'm sure I'll venture back here.