“TERRIBLE PLACE, rude waiter!!!”
Review of Machete

Machete
Ranked #85 of 440 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This restaurant is awful, the burritos we ordered taste bad and came with french fries. Not authentic mexican food. Our waiter was also very rude and did not provide good customer service. When we left our bill, the waiter towered over us and demanded that we leave more tip!!!!! We have never experienced such behaviour in a restaurant before! With the terrible food and terrible customer service, he did not deserve any tip at all but we still left 10%. Do not go there.

1  Thank lhlondon2016

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I could eat their guacamole everyday! Food and service is excellent, even when busy. I find its a touch expensive for what it is but I still went three times in my two week stay, and enjoyed it each time.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

A must visit. Best guacamole we have had yet! Loved their tacos and burritos! Very friendly, great service. Excellent prices.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We ordered the specialty appetizer and it was fantastic. My friend ordered steak fajitas and that was delicious. The dishes were generous portions. I ordered mango fish which is listed as one of their specialties but unfortunately the fish was still slightly raw so I sent it back. They made it up to us with a beautiful dessert. The cocktails are awesome and very yummy. It was a fun time. The meal totaled $35 with tip. A bit high for what we got!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I go to Cozumel often and have always walked past Machete's. It is always crowded but you would expect that being close to the town center. Last night I decided to eat there and was sadly disappointed. The Buritto was not very good and came with french fries! I've eaten a lot of Mexican food and it has never come with French Fries. I could only eat a few bites of the Buritto. When I asked for the check no one seemed to care that I had only taken a few bites. If you want a great Buritto, go to Krazy King Burittos a few blocks away.