All reviewsjerry leonahome away from homeshared kitchenplace to staycorpus christiminute walkrinse tanksscuba equipmentrooms are bigother guestsclose to downtownhostsislanddiverefrigeratorpalapahangers
Reviewed 29 November 2010

My friend a I stayed at the Coral reef Inn Thanksgiving week and we had a wonderful stay. The Inn is so beautiful. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and new. The upstairs open kitchen rooftop and deck were perfect for cooking dinner with friends. Close to downtown and the grocery store. We walked every where. We are scuba diving fanatics and we have found our new home in Cozumel. I would recommend this Inn to any one that wants to get away from the resorts, cook in an open roof top kitchen and gather with friends. Jerry and Leona Wright are the perfect hosts. Helpful, accommodating and so friendly. Loved it!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenverMermaid
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I spent 4 days in Cozumel at the Coral Reef Inn. It was the perfect choice for my dive trip. Close (within walking distance) to the Dive Paradise pick up pier. Easy walk to get a few groceries and close to downtown. Never needed to take a cab anywhere. I have been to Cozumel before but not to Coral Reef Inn. I definately plan to stay there next time I go. I felt like I was at home.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I spent a week at the Coral Reef Inn and it was just what I needed, a break from a very hectic job. Very relaxing, close to shopping and a short cab ride to excellent snorkeling. I liked the hammock and had some good afternoon naps in it. The kitchen and deck on the 3rd floor were perfect for me. I enjoyed lazy mornings upstairs with my coffee and my book. I bought some breakfast and snack foods at the grocery store down the street and they supply coffee at the inn so I didn't have to go out to find something to eat for breakfast. Jerry & Leona gave me some suggestions for places to snorkel and eat.I expecially liked the snorkeling at the Money Bar and Cozumel Caribe. Both had lots to see and good food. It didn't seem like there was much in the way of night life on the island but there was plenty going on around the square during the day.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We had a great time at the Coral Reef Inn. The rooms and bathrooms are really clean and comfortable, and the hosts/owners are really nice and helpful. It was a great place to stay, and we were able to walk downtown within a few blocks. Also, it is very reasonable on price. Setting up the dive package was easy too.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I stayed solo & stayed 2 wks by myself & then 1 wk with my daughter/wife. It was a "great" place to stay, away from the tourist area. In room #1, on the first floor, I had a little private area just outside of the room that was very cozy, that is where I parked the bicycle that Jerry/Leona let me ride for a very small fee. I loved riding the bicycle all over the island. When going back to Playa for 3-4 days Jerry/Leona were so kind to let me keep all of my scuba gear at the Inn. Leona also did my laundry while I was gone for a few days! When coming back with my daughter/wife I was moved to #5 which is on the 2nd floor. They moved my belongings from #1 to #5 for me and the room was ready to go upon our arrival back to Cozumel. Also, on the 2nd floor was the library and purified water as well as a hammock/lay out area. The 3rd floor has the "awesome" open area with a full kitchen. They have seperate "bins" for dried goods like cereal, one for each room and also a shared refrigerator. Even with other guests I felt like the Inn was a big house we all shared and I really didn't see much of the other guests! My home away from home... I like the small Inn vs a large hotel concept as they make you feel special and actually remember your name. On the day I was going to the ferry to go pick up my daughter...I was unknowingly running late..not being familiar with the ferry schedule. As I walked out of my room, Jerry came out and gave me a ride to the ferry...I barely made it! BTW,, thank you for that Jerry! Jerry also went diving with us one day which was great! I am so lucky to have found this place and will return there when visiting Cozumel in the future.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family